This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here the detail on the SS Jul chest of the first generation:

The doubled stylized Sigrunes on each sides of these chests are clearly recognizable.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
      And here comes the tricky thing:

These SS Jul chests made by DHW clearly ARE marked as SS religious/cultic pieces - just in a very subtile way!

Please take a look at the details of this period wrought iron Sippenleuchter:

New topicpage and new piglet treatment equals new theories that can't be proven? Approved method after 200 pages! YES! 200.000 views by people who can't believe the continuing things you say.

Since you are suddenly so very helpfull and cooperating in an attempt to still save your ass and more and more fading credibility: please answer these questions:

-1 What makes this an SS julchest?
      -2 How can we be sure this is DHW constructed (details differ from Weitzel photo) as it could be much older too
      -3 your "other" julchest is differeing even more, how could that be...? Not original SS perhaps? Look at the photo i posted on the previous page. These chests have been made for several hundreds of years and all have similar details, what makes them SS?? Show some proof please.
      -4 Since when did the Germans and/or the SS mark their items just in a very subtle way that can only be guessed or explained with a lot of phantasy? Where is some period published evidence?
      -5 What very subtle markings are we even talking about here? Both on the chest and candleholder? It appears to be a lot of the usual BS again
      -6 Show us please some period documentation that shows this iron candleholder is related to the SS please.
      -7 Show us please period documentation how the candleholder and chest are both SS related items?

He wo shows the items and makes statements has to proof them to be factual right.

Im looking forward to your answers instead of more piglets. This topic is already ridiculous enough without stuffed animals getting more attention in the pictures than the crap items.

best regards,
      Gaston

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
        New topicpage and new piglet treatment equals new theories that can't be proven? Approved method after 200 pages! YES! 200.000 views by people who can't believe the continuing things you say.

Since you are suddenly so very helpfull and cooperating in an attempt to still save your ass and more and more fading credibility: please answer these questions:

-1 What makes this an SS julchest?
        -2 How can we be sure this is DHW constructed (details differ from Weitzel photo) as it could be much older too
        -3 your "other" julchest is differeing even more, how could that be...? Not original SS perhaps? Look at the photo i posted on the previous page. These chests have been made for several hundreds of years and all have similar details, what makes them SS?? Show some proof please.
        -4 Since when did the Germans and/or the SS mark their items just in a very subtle way that can only be guessed or explained with a lot of phantasy? Where is some period published evidence?
        -5 What very subtle markings are we even talking about here? Both on the chest and candleholder? It appears to be a lot of the usual BS again
        -6 Show us please some period documentation that shows this iron candleholder is related to the SS please.
        -7 Show us please period documentation how the candleholder and chest are both SS related items?

He wo shows the items and makes statements has to proof them to be factual right.

Im looking forward to your answers instead of more piglets. This topic is already ridiculous enough without stuffed animals getting more attention in the pictures than the crap items.

best regards,
        Gaston
        I value your shared expert opinion as much as the fate of an exploding Bratwurst on a grill in Nha Trang.

Comment

I value your shared expert opinion as much as the fate of an exploding Bratwurst on a grill in Nha Trang.

Thank you for this well mannered and extensive answer, although it is rather asocial among adults to reply like this i feel it is one of the very first times you honestly type something from the heart. May i add that in Vietnam they don't call their sausages bratwurste...

And now serious again, how about some of YOUR expert answers to my 7 simple questions above? He who states must explain? For someone who has as much knowledge as you on this subject, it must be easy to answer these questions? Or are we going with this chest and dubious candleholder the same way as so many other items in this over 200.000 times viewed topic? You are aware that disaster tourism is tourism too, right?

best ergards,
          Gaston

Comment

The doubled stylized Sigrunes on each sides of these chests are clearly recognizable.
            Are you on drugs ??

If not you should be

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
              Are you on drugs ??

If not you should be

nuff said!

Comment

Thorsten, those are beautiful chests but whether they are DHW is yet to be seen. The so called mk cask actually does have ss runes carved into it but you do not believe them to be genuine yet you use this inference to prove originality??? I give you credit for thinking outside the box but your prejudice against the mk cask is surprising in light of this.

Comment

just got some Info from a collector of vintage jewelery and expert on this field from canada, about this Brooch...he is pretty sure this piece origins from scandinavian countries and the safety pin construction leads him to the year around 1890...this safety needle device can also be found on german jewelery until the 40s
                  A similar Brooch (slightly different design in the middle part) is picured in one of his books..its a silver piece valued 40-60E...I guess this one here is made of bronze
                  Attached Files

Comment

Scandinavian!!!!!! Pretty cool information and also in line with a suspected Norway connection!

This little brooch may not be any spectacular claimed ss item, but it's a good thing to see the combined powers of knowledge in this topic come up with something everyone can actually learn from! Can your friend perhaps make us a scan from the page the brooch is pictured on?

best regards,
                    Gaston

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
                      Thorsten, those are beautiful chests but whether they are DHW is yet to be seen.
                      Both chests are original SS Jul chests made by DHW.

During the period the carvings changed a bit in detail due to development and regional differences of the masters involved in their production - as it is obvious the DHW did not only had one and the same master carver and cabinet maker for manufacturing these chests as well as any other DHW furniture piece.

Differences in detail like minor changes of decoration of the wrought iron hinges and fittings is another typical example which has to see in that context.

As said: here in this DHW wartime Weihnachten booklet the SS Jul chest (second type) is pictured - maybe you have that one in your collection and can compare the shown piece with my shown chest.

You will clearly see they are simply identical in any detail.

When I go and fetch the pics of my SS Gahr brooch I will let her take a few professional shots of the Jul chest in that DHW booklet and share them here.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Seriously? That picture seems to get more our of focus every time you post it. Detail on the foots the chest stands on reveals quite different details as on your actual chest. (or should is say chestS?), Is your answer really because of more different craftsmen? Hmz, maybe the one i posted from 1800 is SS after all too?

edit: and phew we're on a new page again and the fun can stasrt over. I predict that if the mods don't stop you we will one day have a 1000 page topic with a million views!

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
                          ...we will one day have a 1000 page topic with a million views!
                          That´s quite a nice prediction - and not impossible!

Comment

This thread has gone on long enough.

Thread closed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X