Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding a skillful master carver being able to replace the missing part in same quality is one thing - paying him for the professional repair another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
      Can mine be repaired ?
      very nice piece Dennis .. would you loose on originality by repairing it? i wonder.. vs.. just keeping it the way it is and maybe decorating the top part of piece with ribbon, etc.. or leave it as is!! interesting dilema

Comment

nice plate thorston, and it looks like its made during the time

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
          very nice piece Dennis .. would you loose on originality by repairing it? i wonder.. vs.. just keeping it the way it is and maybe decorating the top part of piece with ribbon, etc.. or leave it as is!! interesting dilema
          Thanks, I will probably let the next guy down the road decide as I don't collect WW1 . I still say a great piece to display SS long services in.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Evans View Post
            nice plate thorston, and it looks like its made during the time
            Thank you - and yeah, I am also happy that it is even dated.

Comment

Why does people keep calling you Thorston, when your name is Thorsten??

Maybe its just funny to me as Thorsten is a common swedish name and Thorston is not...

Anyway, keep this nice tread going

/Martin

Comment

ss wedding photo and Allach

taking some pics of my collection and snapped this nice one....

I like this scenery and the mood in this image very much! It's almost as good as a Steve T masterpiece, but no where nearly as well done - but good for an amateur like myself
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                  Finding a skillful master carver being able to replace the missing part in same quality is one thing - paying him for the professional repair another one.
                  So...what do they ususally charge you for a plate then?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
                    taking some pics of my collection and snapped this nice one....

I like this scenery and the mood in this image very much! It's almost as good as a Steve T masterpiece, but no where nearly as well done - but good for an amateur like myself
                    A great shot and you're right, it sets the mood!

Comment

Can I request some oppinions on these possible sideboard covers?
                      These were bought from a general militaria dealer who didn't want them.
                      They feature a swastika boarder and i thought they would make a nice base for a display. They are heavy off-white linen and certainly look old enough.
                      I'm a bit puzzled by the backs having three loops - two at one end in the corners and one in the middle at the other end.
                      Period items? Sideboard covers?
                      regards
                      PW
                      Attached Files

Comment

May very well be period made - loops seem to be for some weights hanging down the table to make sure the piece stays well displayed on the table and gets not blown away by wind.

Comment

Cheers Thorsten. I like them. If I ever invest in some cultural items these will go very nicely

Comment

Well, that´s for sure - a wooden plate on these will be a fine complement.

Comment

Originally posted by panzer wittman View Post
                              They feature a swastika boarder and i thought they would make a nice base for a display. They are heavy off-white linen and certainly look old enough.
                              I'm a bit puzzled by the backs having three loops - two at one end in the corners and one in the middle at the other end.
                              regards
                              PW
                              hello PW, you can date them much earlier than "period" but of course very enjoyable...they could easily be from the 1900-1920s..the swastika is facing in the other direction and used as religious symbol here on this fabric

Comment

Originally posted by panzer wittman View Post
                                regards
                                PW
                                It was bought here in Britain? Quite possibly British. As Andreas mentioned, the direction is opposite to Nazi, British used either way.

Now because of its Nazi use we in the UK often have to explain our use of it (pre-TR) was not Nazi related and was used before the Nazi's, for example its use on Scout badges, WWI War Bonds, Churches, WWI War Memorial, Rudyard Kiplings books, Jewelry etc.

An example Memorial. Church floor example Buckinghamshire
                                Last edited by Steve T; 05-17-2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X