X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

These are the closing pages of the first volume. Look the page´s number 910.

Comment

Some thoughts.......

Think better pics of the 1st parttern BO # 300? are needed as It looks a bit sketchy to me.

Many controversial pieces pictured in this book which should be discussed.

My photo was used of the 1st pattern Coburg badge that was in my collection.

Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
            Some thoughts.......

Think better pics of the 1st parttern BO # 300? are needed as It looks a bit sketchy to me.

Many controversial pieces pictured in this book which should be discussed.

My photo was used of the 1st pattern Coburg badge that was in my collection.

Anyone else?
            Hello ErichS,

I know what are you talking about. The Social Welfare Cross on a LDO case, which is impossible but sold twice at HH as "original" or the Reichskultursenat Badge without the pin or even the "Red" Eagle Order belonging to German Ambassador in the Soviet Union, Friedrich-Werner Graf von der Schulenburg (1875-1944) and white uniform once in Angolia´s collection.

All this, what you want to know is inside the book. Why you think this book has 910 pages each volume, just to show pictures? Do not miss the chapter about certain named people in the chapter called "Behind Collectors and Dealers of Third Reich Collecting".

Best Regards,

BTW, later on I will post the preview of the second volume.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Obermeyer View Post
              The pictures show only the day badge, not the actual Gauehrenzeichen.

Comment

Hello,

the Gauleiter shown at page 387 is not Bernhard Rust, but Erich Koch.

Best Regards

Max_Porter

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                  The pictures show only the day badge, not the actual Gauehrenzeichen.
                  I know, this is just a preview, but I will give 5 more pages. They are 11 in total for this badge.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Max_Porter View Post
                        Hello,

the Gauleiter shown at page 387 is not Bernhard Rust, but Erich Koch.

Best Regards

Max_Porter
                        Hello Max,

Thank you very much for your observation. I will check that with Mr. Doyle and see the context in which the photo was applied.

Comment

Chris,

The Gau badge in Gold shown on p631 and p635 appears to be the same one that I purchased from a US dealer in 2011 and returned when it was judged to be post war Souval.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                            Chris,

The Gau badge in Gold shown on p631 and p635 appears to be the same one that I purchased from a US dealer in 2011 and returned when it was judged to be post war Souval.
                            Hello Stan,

The badge above is a repro but not Souval. Early Souval´s badges are of a much better quality I am afraid. But it is interesting you raise this question. If experienced and advanced collectors still make mistakes regarding the origin of certain mere replicas imagine a more radical scenario.

I myself raised this question with Mr. Doyle a week ago. Consider, just consider the fact that we are not really very concerned about these replicas but very, very worried with these new fakes made with original dies, which of course, has already begun to happen. The future of collecting therefore is very dark. Why? Let´s see some pictures.

Comment

Comment

Anyway Stan, all the answers you are looking for are in the book. Thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X