Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's an amazing amount of dies!! I don't have any knowledge of die pressing per se; if the rust/corrosion is cleaned off of the rusty dies, would it not affect the quality of the struck badge/insignia/cross? If it would, there could be 'markers' for determining non-originality of a piece that is newly struck on old dies.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
      That's an amazing amount of dies!! I don't have any knowledge of die pressing per se; if the rust/corrosion is cleaned off of the rusty dies, would it not affect the quality of the struck badge/insignia/cross? If it would, there could be 'markers' for determining non-originality of a piece that is newly struck on old dies.
      Erich
      Hello Erich B

I really don´t know. I hear that it is possible to clean that with weak acids without any possibility of damagind the dies. I believe that if the work is perfect it is nearly impossible to determine a new piece, made today for example, from those made in the past. (The originals) I posted about 15 pictures but I do have 21 more. We used all those pictures on Doyle´s book. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Max_Porter View Post
        Hello,

the Gauleiter shown at page 387 is not Bernhard Rust, but Erich Koch.

Best Regards

Max_Porter
        Hello Max,

You are right! I remember what happended now. Doyle wanted a color or coulored picture and I could only find one with Gauleiter Dr. Rust (bellow). Doyle hated that picture and I could not find another, meanwhile the work continued and I think that picture will be replaced for the ugly one for now. Sorry and thank you !

Comment

Stan,

Please if you like, tell me what you think about this badge.

Comment

This one was just recently put up for sale on Emedals:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

An absolute beauty but this grade of course was never awarded.

Stan

Comment

Sorry but this is another fake in bronze therefore not even close to those originals prototypes, no rivets, etc... By the way Stan, the Gau Essen I posted is 100% original, a Gold Class.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Obermeyer View Post
                  Sorry but this is another fake in bronze therefore not even close to those originals prototypes, no rivets, etc... By the way Stan, the Gau Essen I posted is 100% original, a Gold Class.
                  Chris, my understanding is that the pin back Order was known as the 3rd Class, as opposed to the 1st and 2nd class, which were neck orders.

Where does "bronze" come from, let alone rivets?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post
                    Chris, my understanding is that the pin back Order was known as the 3rd Class, as opposed to the 1st and 2nd class, which were neck orders.

Where does "bronze" come from, let alone rivets?
                    Hello Gary. I was not referring to the Classes of the Deutscher Orden, because all, except the Grosskreuz, were constructed in .935 Silver and in any case or Class, they were built with the rivets. The Grosskreuz (Only one ever made) was in 22 KT Gold. This cross above is made in bronze, I have seen this type many, many times before. I have not yet been able to take an exact number of how many in the Third Class were produced but maybe between seven and fourteen. Never awarded however. Take a good look to the only known original Third Class Cross. I had to erasure the markings on the pin for obvious reasons. As you can see this cross is highly polished. Courtesy of Mr. Aylson Doyle

Last edited by Chris Obermeyer; 11-05-2018, 11:05 PM.

Comment

This is the front of this Cross. Notice the construction of the eagles, not separately as the falsifications/reproductions in bronze. Also notice the high quality of the enamel work. Again, courtesy of Mr. Aylson Doyle.

Comment

To avoid doubts I will post other photos of the same cross. They are newer and feature a mysterious case still being investigated. This piece was purchased inside this case exactly as presented here, thanks.

Comment

Deutsches Kreuz pic #2

Comment

Deutsches Order Pic #3 Can you see both rivets?

Comment

Deutscher Orden Pic #4 Front of the case made in leather and wood with red/wine velvet and white silk. All picture courtesy of Mr. Aylson Doyle.

By the way, about 20 days ago I was spending part of my vacation with Doyle in Maupiti Island in Tahiti when out of nothing he hit me with something important, he found another important piece regarding the Deutscher Orden puzzel. You guys will have to wait, may be he will tell something.

Last edited by Chris Obermeyer; 11-07-2018, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Obermeyer View Post
                                To avoid doubts I will post other photos of the same cross. They are newer and feature a mysterious case still being investigated. This piece was purchased inside this case exactly as presented here, thanks.

Thank you, I now have no doubt that this ugly thing is a bad fake.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X