This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NBolinger View Post
    I baught this a couple days ago, was in a jewelry box for 35 years and before that was owned by a Hells Angel Biker story is he gave it to his girlfriend the woman the medal came from.This example has more of the fire gilt finish than the few real ones ive seen on the net.I believe this to be a textbook original, to bad the nesk suspension is gone but i believe the medal speeks for itself. I read that only 12 of each class were made?
    This badge did not fetch the minimum bid of 12,000 EUR at auction today.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
      This badge did not fetch the minimum bid of 12,000 EUR at auction today.
      This very same German Order was in auction again today for 8,000 EUR and did not sell.

Chris.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chris Obermeyer;6885706)

However I am a carrier of great news. Mr. Doyle is about to publish his new book in Orders and Decorations, Political and Civil, of the Third Reich in 3 languages. It will be in two volumes and with 885 pages each volume in A4 format, all in collor with high quality pictures (over 2,000 pics). So what was once a theory will be a published written prove! Check mate sir! You lost and you have lost huge!

Thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

"Chris Obermeyer" wrote this almost two years ago and the collecting world is still waiting....

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
          "Chris Obermeyer" wrote this almost two years ago and the collecting world is still waiting....

Stan
          indeed Stan. The cost for this book became very high. Each volume have now 910 pages in A4 format. Mr. Doyle made this book just too good. We are considering to make a website and post the book FREE for download, I wil let you know. I do have, however a little preview, courtesy of Mr. Doyle.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Chris,

Many thanks for the update and I am sure that everyone who has read and contributed to this thread will be delighted to read that Mr Doyle's mammoth work is now finished and will be published free of charge on a website.

This will have the added advantage that readers (like me) who are not conversant with the Spanish language will be able to use the on-line translation function.

To be absolutely honest with you, the photos provided of the "Heydrich" cross do not convince me at this stage that the cross photographed is a genuine example, but let's wait and see.

It is a great shame that Mr Doyle was unable to articulate his opinions on this thread as it would have been a great pleasure to have discussed the subject with him in person.

Best wishes,

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                    Chris,

Many thanks for the update and I am sure that everyone who has read and contributed to this thread will be delighted to read that Mr Doyle's mammoth work is now finished and will be published free of charge on a website.

This will have the added advantage that readers (like me) who are not conversant with the Spanish language will be able to use the on-line translation function.

To be absolutely honest with you, the photos provided of the "Heydrich" cross do not convince me at this stage that the cross photographed is a genuine example, but let's wait and see.

It is a great shame that Mr Doyle was unable to articulate his opinions on this thread as it would have been a great pleasure to have discussed the subject with him in person.

Best wishes,

Stan
                    Stan,

Well, the book is finished fot now, but if something new is discovered the book will be updated.

The book was written in the Brasilian version of Portuguese. Translations in English, German and Spanish are already available.

That First Class German Order there belonged to SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich as well as the full uniform. I can post better pictures of the cross.

About Mr. Doyle, yes it is a shame he cannot be here. His expulsion of this forum was a disgrace. He made accusations against certain members that today are considered to be true without any dispute. During this time many members expressed their views by e-mail supporting him but not a word from this forum.
                    It doesn´t matter anymore, he will not come back. He´s got a real life out there, full of fun. Did you know he´s got two Bengala Tigers at home? As he says "Life is outside and never inside a computer".

I have more pictures of the book I am fully authorized to post, I think you will find interesting.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X