SA-Obergruppenführer Hans Petersen
    I was wondering who snatched it up !

Comment

Originally posted by Martin M. View Post
      SA-Obergruppenführer Hans Petersen
      Wonderful!

Comment

Hi Martin,

Isn't the person in your photo wearing the rank patches of an SA-Oberführer? I realize that Pg. Hans Petersen eventually achieved the rank of SA-Obergruppenführer, but not yet...

Also, didn't Stephen recently comment on a GPB with an unusually wide circle of white enamel around the central design...?

Br. James

Comment

This is how to NOT attribute a badge

Large Badge 30mm, bestowal no. 509, with horizontal pin with manufacturer Deschler & Sohn, Munich N 9, Ges. Gesch. With the small 24mm badge, with bestowal no. 509, Jos. Fuess Munich, in worn condition.
          Karl Beggel, Deputy Officer in WW1, was charged in connection with the Hitler trial for treason. He is on the old member list 1920-1923 with no. 509. To suggest a higher number of members, the list started with no. 500, thus Karl Beggel is the real no. 9. Additionally, the small golden badge to his wife Luise Beggel with no. 510.

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
            Hi Martin,

Isn't the person in your photo wearing the rank patches of an SA-Oberführer? I realize that Pg. Hans Petersen eventually achieved the rank of SA-Obergruppenführer, but not yet...

Also, didn't Stephen recently comment on a GPB with an unusually wide circle of white enamel around the central design...?

Br. James

Comment

Hi Andreas,

Where does the attribution you quote come from? I presume you are stating that the matched set of GPBs bearing #509 did NOT belong to Karl Beggel, and that his wife did not hold GPB #510? Please clarify.

Thanks, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Hi Andreas,

Please clarify what the photo in your note #185 is showing us!

Many thanks,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by br. James View Post
                  hi andreas,

please clarify what the photo in your note #185 is showing us!

Many thanks,

br. James

Comment

Hi Andreas,

Where does the attribution you quote come from? I presume you are stating that the matched set of GPBs bearing #509 did NOT belong to Karl Beggel, and that his wife did not hold GPB #510? Please clarify.

Thanks, my friend,

Br. James
                    Somebody attributed the badges based on the pre February 1925 membership numbers. So the attributions are not correct, of course, because the GPBs bear the membership numbers assigned starting February 1925.

Comment

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for clarifying the context of the photo you provided, presumably from your collection. Very nice indeed!

I do realize that the attributions you shared refer to pre-reorganization NSDAP Membership Numbers. Do you know who actually held GPB #509 and 510?

Thanks again, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Hans Petersen was promoted to SA-Obergruppenführer on 09.11.1944.

Comment

Just under the wire!!

Br. James

Comment

The thick white ring was in reference to a small Deschler (the fake Emile Maurice badge). This large Deschler's white enamel ring is the right proportions for this badge.

Stephen

"...Also, didn't Stephen recently comment on a GPB with an unusually wide circle of white enamel around the central design...?

Br. James"

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post

Comment

Thanks, Stephen; I knew you would have the right answer!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Hi Martin,

Isn't the person in your photo wearing the rank patches of an SA-Oberführer?

Br. James
                                Hi Br. James,
                                Yes, the person in the photo is SA-Oberführer Hans Petersen, future SA-Obergruppenführer.

Andreas and Laurens, thank you for your appreciation of my recent acquisition.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X