No announcement yet.

Attributed Gold Party Badge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that I would add my newest attributed GPB to this thread. It's atrributed to SS Standartenfuhrer Max Sollmann who was head of Lebensborn. He was also awarded the Blood Order, Honor Ring and SS Degan.
    Attached Files

Comment

reverse
      Attached Files

Comment

I wanted to add this Photo of Sollmann after his arrest. He went on trial in Nurnberg in 46/47 and spent aprox. 3 years in prison. One ther interesting fact was that he was one of the youngest participants of the Putsch being only 19yrs old.
        Attached Files

Comment

I posted this picture on another thread, but here are three GPBs belonging to Hinrich Lohse, Gauleiter of Schleswig-Holstein, among other positions. I had four of Lohse's badges at one time but traded one off. Mike
          Attached Files

Comment

and the backs.....
            Attached Files

Comment

and these two badges belonged to Wilhelm Sieh, deputy Gauleiter to Hinrich Lohse in Schleswig-Holstein. Mike
              Attached Files

Comment

and the backs......
                Attached Files

Comment

Only one I have - Josef Niemeyer, Revisor of Gau Westfalen-Süd.

Best,
                  Greg
                  Attached Files
                  sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
                  www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

The pin appears to have been re-set.
                    Attached Files
                    sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
                    www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Walden View Post
                      The pin appears to have been re-set.
                      You're probably right but not unusual to see re set pin plates. A nice Fuess with a name and thanks for posting it!

Comment

I am curious. For three of the five attributed badges that I have, where I have been able to acquire detailed information on the party member, those people received both the 10 and 15 year NSDAP Long Service medal. And luckily those medals came with the GPBs. Of the other two, #98085 Willi Köhler joined in 1928, so I would surmise he could have received his 15 year in 1943, while I have no personal information about #93976 Karl Dörr other than his listing in the Gau Hesse-Nassau records.

Have the owners of other attributed GPBs been able to find sufficient information to determine whether their badge owners also received either or both of the 10 and 15 long service. Or is it a forgone conclusion that GPB recipients would also receive the long service awards when they began to be distributed in 1940?
                        Last edited by JoeW; 10-13-2009, 11:36 AM. Reason: Is there any way to change the font used in posting an edit. This is frustrating.

Comment

IMO GPB's can really bring the history home on the early members of the Party. Most of these early guys were Bakers, School teachers and factory workers and without these ordinary members Hitler would have failed.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                            I thought that I would add my newest attributed GPB to this thread. It's atrributed to SS Standartenfuhrer Max Sollmann who was head of Lebensborn. He was also awarded the Blood Order, Honor Ring and SS Degan.
                            Wow... now that is one hell of a GPB, Erich Most impressive. What number Blood Order did he have? Do you know the date of issue, i.e. was it a first or second pattern? Perhaps it's still out there somewhere

Rob

Comment

[QUOTE=Rob Johnson;3549347]Wow... now that is one hell of a GPB, Erich Most impressive. What number Blood Order did he have? Do you know the date of issue, i.e. was it a first or second pattern? Perhaps it's still out there somewhere

Rob[/QUOTE
                              Thanks Rob, after the Putsch he went to Columbia until 1934 and was issued BO # 1503 in 1939. Best, Erich

Comment

Heres mine GPB,, Andreas Bang

since I dont read german,,,hard to say what he did,,,I had Robert Mc Divitt do the research,,,,what a great job he does too,,,I have about 30 plus pages of docs,,,,,,,,Thanks Greg Scotto
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X