HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your Pics of Form 4 NSDAP Tunics in Wear!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putsch commemoration:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

ANother from that same day:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Costa View Post
        There were several Reichsleiters that wore the SS uniforms that was actually detrimental to their power. Bouhler was certainly one of these men as were Walther Darre and Otto Dietrich. For some reason these men thought that by wearing the SS uniform that they were showing their status in the elite organization when in reality they were actually showing others that they were under the control of Himmler. Which suited Himmler just fine. Franz Schwarz had a falling out with Himmler in the mid 1930's and rarely ever wore his SS uniform again after that time period. He was one of the smart ones. He is seen a only a couple of times wearing his SS Oberst-gruppenfuhrer uniform. In fact his promotion to that rare rank was a payback for a loan that Schwarz had granted Himmler so he could build a house for his mistress. Believe it or not Himmler was actually quite proper about finances and needed that loan which Bormann was able to secure from Schwarz from the Party Treasury. Himmler's granting honorary rank in the SS to top leaders was nothing more than trying to make it appear that these men were under his authority. Hence some Reichsleiters and Gauleiters lost that appearance of power by accepting. Speer was very smart in refusing a promotion to Oberst-gruppenfuhrer for this very reason.

Mark Costa
        I agree Mark, and yes, very well put. I wasn't aware of the loan from the Treasury, but I was about Speer. I imagine that they thought they were following the wave of the future, being seen as amongst the future rulers of the SS state. I also imagine that a number were very proud of their SS "status". Speer was very wise indeed.

Comment

Gau-hauptdienstleiter:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Off topic I know, but boy that looks like HG is wearing an RK rather than the GK, which doesn't make sense with his RM uniform. Great photo, I've not seen it before.

Comment

Last edited by Bob Coleman; 09-06-2013, 11:25 PM.

Comment

About the picture of the Putsch commemoration,only 1 man has the white bands around the sleeves of his SA jacket...

Hes the only 1 who actually was in the SA before 1933 and thus the only one who could have taken part in the putsch...

Comment

Check out the height on the SS General to the right:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Not many pics of Holz in Form 4, but here is one of them:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The tall SS General is Dr Benno Martin with Diamonds holder Adalbert Schulz and Karl Holz next to him.

Mark Costa

Comment

Blimey he's tall.

Comment

Ley and a high-ranking Bergbau official:

(credit: DRK)
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Unknown Kreis Abschnittsleiter with Ostpreußen Gau-Ehrenzeichen and EK2. His is also with an unknown RKT Major. Can anyone identify either of them?:

(Credit: Nick)
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

White double-breasted tunic w/ Form 3 insignia in wear by Wagner.
                              Credit: Derek
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

White-tunic ( db as well) in wear by Speer.
                                Credit: Derek
                                Attached Files
                                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X