Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your Pics of Form 4 NSDAP Tunics in Wear!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streicher
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Bormann
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Frick
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Mutschmann
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Jury
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Murr
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Spranger
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Giesler
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Bending the rule again--Schwarz in Form 3 :
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Breaking the rule--Schwarz in his uniform as an SS Oberstgruppenfuhrer :
                      Attached Files
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

as a collector, if those portraits dont get your pulse up, nothing will!!!

incredible contributions Stonemint!

Comment

Hess

Einbeck's Hess:

(bending the rules as well, but keeping with the portrait trend)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow!! Those are fabulous, Stonemint! Are all the portraits done by Walter Einbeck, the noted artist? I don't recall ever seeing them before.

A few thoughts:

While almost all of the subjects seem to be rendered while wearing their PL uniforms following the 1939 uniform code revision, the portraits of FX Schwarz in his Reichsleiter uniforms are in the pre-1939 PL kit.

I noticed that Gauleiter Martin Mutschmann was not wearing a Blood Order rosette in his right chest buttonhole flap, but that's because he wasn't awarded one. He did receive the Coburg Badge, but if he is wearing it in that portrait, it is in shadow. Seems odd that a true Alte Kämpfer such as Mutschmann -- GPB #35 and CB awardee -- wasn't granted the Second Issue BO in gratitude for his long loyalty...?

Robert Ley is also not shown with a BO rosette, and that may help to identify when his portrait was painted. He is wearing the 1939 Reichsleiter uniform, but he didn't receive the BO until his special award on April 25, 1940 -- so this portrait must have been rendered within the months between late 1939 and early 1940, because we can be CERTAIN that if Ley had received the BO, he would have been wearing it when he posed for his portrait!

Can we know more about this fabulous cache of portraits? They're wonderful to see!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                              Wow!! Those are fabulous, Stonemint! Are all the portraits done by Walter Einbeck, the noted artist? I don't recall ever seeing them before.

A few thoughts:

While almost all of the subjects seem to be rendered while wearing their PL uniforms following the 1939 uniform code revision, the portraits of FX Schwarz in his Reichsleiter uniforms are in the pre-1939 PL kit.

I noticed that Gauleiter Martin Mutschmann was not wearing a Blood Order rosette in his right chest buttonhole flap, but that's because he wasn't awarded one. He did receive the Coburg Badge, but if he is wearing it in that portrait, it is in shadow. Seems odd that a true Alte Kämpfer such as Mutschmann -- GPB #35 and CB awardee -- wasn't granted the Second Issue BO in gratitude for his long loyalty...?

Robert Ley is also not shown with a BO rosette, and that may help to identify when his portrait was painted. He is wearing the 1939 Reichsleiter uniform, but he didn't receive the BO until his special award on April 25, 1940 -- so this portrait must have been rendered within the months between late 1939 and early 1940, because we can be CERTAIN that if Ley had received the BO, he would have been wearing it when he posed for his portrait!

Can we know more about this fabulous cache of portraits? They're wonderful to see!

Br. James
                              An absolutely arresting group of images, to be sure. I wouldnt want to hijack this wonderful thread that Stonemint so faithfully keeps alive, but I would love to read what others know or think they know about these or other Political Portraits of the 3rd Reich era...

Comment

These portraits are all part of the US Army captured art. These particular portraits can be found at the Texas State University site as I also found these months ago and I am sure that is where Stonemint found these as well. There are many others available of lesser known officials. They can be found at this link.

http://collections.swco.ttu.edu/hand...200&type=title

Mark Costa
                                Last edited by Mark Costa; 02-01-2013, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X