Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin, congratulations on the acquisition of that excellent and rare example of a youth license! Another first for me to view this blue variation! And thank you for the added explanation of the youth limitations of rights when hunting...this answers the questions I had about this example. An excellent example and thank you for sharing this rare example with us!
    Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Going back to the comments about late dates, here is a photo of my latest example.
      Attached Files
      Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

April 16, 1945!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cameron View Post
          April 16, 1945!
          Hi Dave,

wow! A (renewal) date of 16th April 1945 is hard to beat! Where was he living?

See, what was in my mail box today:

This is a permit for hunting two seals “between the Danish border and the 54th latitude” at the Baltic Sea and the North Sea, respectively. Valid for 1939/40 and “only valid in connection with a Tagesjagdschein and a Jahresjagdschein, respectively”.

Well, this document saw much too much sun light and an idiot glued stickers on the back – probably it was framed and was hanging on a wall for a longer time. Anyway, I never saw such a permit before.

Regards

Martin

Comment

Absolutely wonderful items being shown here. Some first rate collections of rare items being shown. Many, many thanks.

Comment

Martin, I am awe struck at your new permit, wow, just how rare is a seal permit!! That is game I've not thought about before being tied to the DJ. A real eye opener. Many thanks for sharing.

As soon as I posted that partially obscured license, I was thinking you would be asking the where that individual was from! The hand written script is beyond my limited ability to read. The circle stamp appears to have "Husum" in it on the daily license. After looking just now, I see the annual license was denazified but not the same of the daily.
              Attached Files

Comment

Annual to this pair
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm so happy to see so much nice DJ related items, here's something I was lucky enough to pick up.
                  A gift from Göring to his hunting buddy Gauleiter Florian. Made by the firm of Godet and in it's original case.

Gary
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

An absolutely beautiful and unique piece. Many thanks for posting this treasure.

Comment

Gary, another outstanding treasure you found! I'm curious, what's the size? Have you heard about any others or any estimation of how many of these gifts were presented? Just when I start thinking that I've seen a fair portion of what's out there you find something amazing like this! Thank you very much for sharing this rare piece of history with us!

Comment

Hi Gary,

Originally posted by Saufaenger kid View Post
                                I'm so happy to see so much nice DJ related items, here's something I was lucky enough to pick up.
                                A gift from Göring to his hunting buddy Gauleiter Florian. Made by the firm of Godet and in it's original case.
                                Wow! You’ve beat us all! What a unique piece!

(Do you think we should open a thread showing our ADVJ stuff? )

Hi Dave,

Originally posted by Dave Cameron View Post
                                As soon as I posted that partially obscured license, I was thinking you would be asking the where that individual was from! The hand written script is beyond my limited ability to read. The circle stamp appears to have "Husum" in it on the daily license. After looking just now, I see the annual license was denazified but not the same of the daily.
                                Ah, most interesting. Husum is a small city in Schleswig-Holstein (in the North of Germany) what was occupied by British troops late in the war (at the end of April/first days of May 1945), what explains, why your hunting license was renewed that late. People there had enough time to care for such things.

The reason why this license was denazified could be: it was renewed again after the British occupied Husum. I assume this, because I have a comparable license:

It’s unusual for several reasons:

1/ I never saw these red stamp markings “Renewed for the year 19..” on any other license
                                2/ I never saw the pink sheet with amended hunting season date “for the time of the war” in any other license
                                3/ it was renewed on 12th April 1945
                                4/ it was renewed AGAIN on 20th November 1945 – and AGAIN the owner had to pay 50 RM!

So, this is my latest III. Reich hunting license and at the very same time my earliest post war hunting license I have. As this was renewed in November 1945, all swastikas and all “inappropriate” decorations were defaced – including a badge on the jacket of the owner. But still, the DJ member’s stickpin is visible (see red arrow):

Break….. I can hear something……

Ho! ….. Ho!..... Ho!

What? Is Santa Claus already on the way?! So, I wish you all

A MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I’ll leave for the time being with showing nothing else but the Prussian hunting license of Santa Claus:

Regards

Martin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X