This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJ Patch comments . . . .

I believe this patch to be a reproduction. I will try to post an original later today.

Originally posted by klr View Post
    Hello A local dealer has this hunting patch. Is it a good one? Would $175-200 be a fair price? Thanks for any help. Kirby

Comment

Deutsche Jägerschaft sleeve patch . . .

Here is a scan of an original patch in my collection:

There may be more than a dozen different patterns. Note the differences to the one posted earlier:

1. The Swastika - Bullion with outline

2. The scroll is not white rayon / tape but a metallic (brocade) material.

3. The detail of the Skull is three dimensional

Bill Shea sold one on his web site for over $500 so $350-550 seems like a more current market price.
      Last edited by Diane; 10-23-2008, 01:33 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by sauerfan View Post
        Gentlemen,

for those who are interested: this is how a "Jahresjagdschein für Jugendliche" (one year hunting license for teenagers), late variation looks like:

Best regards

Martin
        Martin,

Many thanks for posting your Jugendliche license variation! I do find it most interesting to be able to actually see an example of thise rare license!

Unfortunately, I don't have an example allthough the other day I was playing around with what I currently have and snapped this picture.

Thanks Again!

Dave
        Attached Files
        Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cameron View Post
          Unfortunately, I don't have an example allthough the other day I was playing around with what I currently have and snapped this picture.
          Dave,

nice presentation of your DJ goodies. Beside the hunting licenses I noticed a "Wildursprungsschein" (in the following: WUS). Only in the case you shouldn't know what it is, I'll explain:

This word "Wildursprungsschein" is an awful long word and does consist of three nouns: "Wild" (game), "Ursprung" (provenance) and "Schein" (voucher or ticket or certificate). So this "ticket" is a certificate of the provenance of the game's meat. Every hunter who killed a deer (boar, roebuck or whatever) had to attach a WUS filled out with the necessary dates (date and place of kill, kind of game (boar, roebuck and so on) weight, number in the "Wildhandelsbuch" (sales record for game). A copy (attached on the back of the WUS) was sent to the "Kreisjägermeister". The seller of the meat had to keep the WUS and had to make an entry in his records.

All this was done to control the business with meat of game. There was – especially in the twenties – a big problem with poachers in Germany and consequently with "black" meat bought by restaurants cheap but illegally.

I have myself two WUSs – one is unissued (blank with metal strap and DJ seal), one issued (without strap and seal, but filled out and with the stamp of a restaurant).

Back to hunting licenses: I forgot to mention the "Jagdmunitionskarte" (Ammunition card; JMK in the following), which was necessary since 1942 for buying ammunition. It was sent to the owner of the hunting license as a post card.

Every hunter needed to have a JMK when he wanted to buy ammunition. The gun shop recorded on the back of the JMK the number of cartridges and the calibre.

While I have some of these JMKs, it is quiet hard to find a matching rig, that is, a Jagdschein plus a matching JMK. I only have two complete rigs.

Regards

Martin
          Last edited by sauerfan; 10-24-2008, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Gentlemen,

well, I am a little bit disappointed, that I received no feedback on my last post. Anyway, maybe the next items are of more interest.

1/ the badge for "Jagdaufseher" (game wardens). Maybe, it is of interest, that a special "Ausweis" was necessary for game wardens. In this Ausweis the number of the badge was noticed. It was a duty for the game warden to carry the badge at his hat. Unfortunately, the number noticed in the Ausweis does not match the number of my badge.

2/ most often, the large hat badge of the DJ (what is a little smaller than the Jagdaufseher badge) is called a "member's badge of the DJ". That is not true. This badge isn't just a member's badge. It was carried only by hunters executing the "Jagdschutz" (game protection). Also, a special Ausweis was necessary for hunters being allowed to carry out the Jagdschutz. On the back of this Ausweis it was noticed, that the owner was allowed to carry the "Hutabzeichen der Deutschen Jägerschaft" (hat badge of the DJ).

Regards

Martin

Comment

Comment

Dave,

nice presentation of your DJ goodies. Beside the hunting licenses I noticed a "Wildursprungsschein" (in the following: WUS). Only in the case you shouldn't know what it is, I'll explain:

This word "Wildursprungsschein" is an awful long word and does consist of three nouns: "Wild" (game), "Ursprung" (provenance) and "Schein" (voucher or ticket or certificate). So this "ticket" is a certificate of the provenance of the game's meat. Every hunter who killed a deer (boar, roebuck or whatever) had to attach a WUS filled out with the necessary dates (date and place of kill, kind of game (boar, roebuck and so on) weight, number in the "Wildhandelsbuch" (sales record for game). A copy (attached on the back of the WUS) was sent to the "Kreisjägermeister". The seller of the meat had to keep the WUS and had to make an entry in his records.

All this was done to control the business with meat of game. There was – especially in the twenties – a big problem with poachers in Germany and consequently with "black" meat bought by restaurants cheap but illegally.

I have myself two WUSs – one is unissued (blank with metal strap and DJ seal), one issued (without strap and seal, but filled out and with the stamp of a restaurant).

Regards

Martin

Martin,

Very interesting examples of the WUS and many thanks for the in-depth explanation behind them! The explanation helps a lot to better understand these items and I appreciate it. Also, the one example I have is the only I've seen until now. Thanks for posting!

Below are a couple of images of my example.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Dave Cameron; 10-31-2008, 08:37 PM.
                Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

2 - not the best but I'm unable to locate my better photo at the moment.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ausweis fur Fischeri Aufsehrer

Martin, I have enjoyed seeing the interesting items from your collection. Do you have an example that you can post of an Ausweis for a Fischeri aufsehrer? I have the aluminun stamped one-side badges for these but have never seen the ausweus. Thanks, Don Bible
                    Don Bible

Comment

Martin, that's a great couple of Auweis you posted! Seems like we see the badges, although seldom encounter the supporting documentation / ID to go with. Thanks for bring these together and posting!

Comment

Martin, I have enjoyed seeing the interesting items from your collection. Do you have an example that you can post of an Ausweis for a Fischeri aufsehrer? I have the aluminun stamped one-side badges for these but have never seen the ausweus. Thanks, Don Bible
                        Don,

sorry, no, I have no Fischereiaufseher-Ausweis. My collecting interest is limited to hunting items, consequently, I have no fishing items.

Now I like to show a badge what is lesser known.

This is a shooting award medal of the DEVA (Deutsche Versuchsanstalt für Handfeuerwaffen Berlin-Wannsee – German Small Arms Testing Institute, Berlin-Wannsee) for the celebration of the 50th years anniversary of the DEVA in 1938. DEVA was located at an area with a big shooting range which was used for the shooting competitions of the 1936 Olympics. After the war, the shooting range was under US control and was called “Rose Range” until 1990. Sadly, this very beautiful range was closed after Germany’s reunion.

Anyway, during the anniversary also a shooting competition for DJ members (DEVA was part of the DJ) was executed and badges were awarded in Bronze, Silver and Gold. Size is like the normal DJ shooting medal.

Regards

Martin

Comment

Gentlemen,

in posts # 18 and 21 (page 2) two examples of a "Jägerbrief" were presented. Well, this "Jägerbrief" is very decorative. But for the individual hunter an other certificate was of more importance. This is the "Prüfungs-Zeugnis" (exam's testimonial; certificate of examination), testifying that the candidate passed the Hunter's exam, necessary to receive the first hunting license.

This is such a Prüfungs-Zeugnis, issued to a woman, what is quiet unusual.

Regards

Martin

Comment

Gentlemen,

in posts # 18 and 21 (page 2) two examples of a "Jägerbrief" were presented. Well, this "Jägerbrief" is very decorative. But for the individual hunter an other certificate was of more importance. This is the "Prüfungs-Zeugnis" (exam's testimonial; certificate of examination), testifying that the candidate passed the Hunter's exam, necessary to receive the first hunting license.

This is such a Prüfungs-Zeugnis, issued to a woman, what is quiet unusual.

Regards

Martin

Martin,

I've never seen another and I'm very glad that you shared this rare document with us! I've really enjoyed seeing all the DJ items you have posted and I'm very, very impressed by your collection, knowledge and willingness to share all of this! Thanks again!

Comment

Dj

What is it worth?? Thanks to Dave for all the help!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Dj

reverse
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X