Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Dave, missed this thread first time around.

Here's one of my Game Warden's badges.

Cheers
    Don
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's the button hole version of the members pin. I'm told it's quite rare with a button hole fixing.

Cheers
      Don
      Attached Files

Comment

German Hunting association

This certificate is from the postwar era, but might be of interest here. It was given to me almost 40 years ago, after completing the German Hunter's school in the German State of Rheinland / Pfalz. I hope it is not out of order here. If so, please delete. Thanks.
        Attached Files
        Don Bible

Comment

The license, Game Warden's bade, and button hole example is absolutely great! Many thanks to all for posting and I'm glad to see others with the same interests!

Don B., your certificate is fantastic!! That post war example is very interesting to see, especially since I just added a 1941 dated example. I'll have to take pictures! They really didn't change much of the design other than the obvious symbol that had to go!
          Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Hunter's School certificate

Thanks Dave, I am glad the post war certificate was acceptable. The memories of going through the hunting school in 1968 are still vivid. It was an interesting and enjoyable experience. I don't think most "auslanders" ever realize the long traditions of respect for the wild game, and the conservation practices, and the hunter's etiquette, that have been practiced by outsdoorsmen in that part of Europe for centuries. I know I didn't.
            Don Bible

Comment

Hi Don, Sounds like you have some great memories from Hunting School, do you happen to have any additional items from the time spent in school/hunting?

Below is a 1941 dated certificate. Don, is your example also about 30cm x 21cm (the picture portion, not white field)?
              Attached Files
              Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

German hunting certificate

Dave, I really don't have anything else from the German Hunting School. I never bought any of the membership pins. I now wish I had.

Once while fishing for trout in a small mountain stream in the Pfälzerwald near Kaiserslautern, I was startled by a large bird flying in a zig-zag pattern through the fir trees not high over my head. When it passed over I realized I had just seen a rare Auerhahn (Capercallie). When I told some of my German hunting friends about the bird, I was told that a German was only allowed to shoot one of those in a lifetime.
                Yes, the dimensions of my post war certificate is the same as your 1941 version, and the pictures seem to be exactly the same, with only changes in the body copy. Amazing! I never saw one like yours before. Thanks for showing it.
                Don Bible

Comment

Time to revive this thread!

Just picked these up this weekend.

I'll post better fotos soon.

Enjoy,
                  Howard
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Kelley View Post
                    Time to revive this thread!

Just picked these up this weekend.

I'll post better fotos soon.

Enjoy,
                    Howard

Appears you had an excellent weekend!!! The pennants have always been one to catch my eye and the 80mm plates are addictive! Very nice items, very nice!

Comment

Dj

Hey Dave, Its been a while!! I have a plaque on estand right now if anyone is interested! I noticed someone saying they are hard to find. Talk to you soon!!

hdmarley

Comment

Here's something I picked up some time ago, a nice set that was awarded to one guy.

Gary
                        Attached Files

Comment

That picture was way to big, here's a nice pennant to a Kreisjägermeister.
                          Attached Files

Comment

A few pins
                            Attached Files

Comment

A few more pins
                              Attached Files

Comment

I have about 8 pennants, here are a couple showing the variation in both colour and design.

Gary
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X