X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saufaenger kid View Post
    Another one from the collection

Gary
    Gary, another absolute stunning example! Is this one the same size as the table pennant or is it actually larger? Thanks for sharing!
    Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Dave, There very similar in size both are table pennants, I'm sure the variety as with a lot of DJ stuff is endless.
      I'll try and dig out some more stuff soon, a bit tied up at the moment,

Cheers

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DocumentsGuy View Post
        Dave, I assume the difference in color pink vs yellow was to make the Tagesjadgschein easily differentiable (oy, is there such a word?) from the Jahresjagdschein. Also, you show a No-Fee Hunting License, never seen one of those before. Could you pm or email me good views of all four sides, please?

Again, anybody ever seen or have a TR period German hunting license for a foreigner? Presumably a Ausländer-Jahresjagdschein or Ausländer-Tagesjagdschein?
        Bruce,

just stumbled across this thread. As I am collecting German hunting licenses, some explanations might be helpful.

The reason for the difference in color is easy to explain: it's because of the law. More specifically, already the Prussians used different colors, what are fixed in the "Jagdscheingesetz" (Hunting License Act) of 1895. The colors mentioned are:

Jahresjagdschein (JJ; hunting license valid for one year): yellow
        Tagesjagdschein (TJ; hunting license valid for three days): red
        Gebührenfreier Jahresjagdschein (FJ; toll-free hunting license; for foresters): white

The JJ and TJ for foreigners had the very same color (yellow and red, respectively), but with a St. Andrew's Cross in green over it.

The Reichsjagdgesetz (1935) adopted the old Prussian colors and introduced some new hunting licenses and some new colors:

Jahresjagdschein für Jugendliche (hunting license for teenagers): blue
        Jahresjagdschein für Falkner (hunting license for falconers) : ???? don't have the law at hand right now, I'll check it.

As far as the TJs are concerned: the color mentioned in the law is red, but the color after 1926 often is more like salmon or pink, in the III. Reich it is just pink, at least, at the third variation.

BTW: there are three different variations of the JJ in the III.Reich:

1935: full yellow, head line "Jahres-Jagdschein"
        1936: full yellow, head line " Inländer-Jahresjagdschein"
        1937 – 1945: yellow border only (centre: white), head line " Inländer-Jahresjagdschein"

The three different variations are shown/discussed here:

http://militaria-fundforum.de/showthread.php?t=91378 &page=4

As far the Ausländer (foreigners) hunting licenses are concerned: no, even I have never seen one.

Regards

Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

Excellent information, which helps a lot in understanding these license variations! And many thanks to you for posting this valuable bit of info!

It appears we'll have to register to view photos at the linked forum?

I'm vary curious, do you have or have you seen examples for either the Jahresjagdschein für Jugendliche or Jahresjagdschein für Falkner? Those both have to be rare, especial the falconers!

Best Regards,

Dave
          Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Hi Dave,

It appears we'll have to register to view photos at the linked forum?
            Yes, that's correct. But it's free and an interesting forum. There, I also presented a 1931 dated Prussian "Jahres – Jagdschein" for comparison to show, that the III. Reich first variation hunting license has exactly the very same design – except for the swastikas, which are not present on the Prussian, of course. Also, I showed there (post #37) an ultra-rare hunting license of the "Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren" (= occupied Czechoslovakia), which followed the design of the III. Reich hunting license (yellow border, white centre). The difference is: bilingual (Czech and German) and linden tree leaves instead of oak leaves.

I'm vary curious, do you have or have you seen examples for either the Jahresjagdschein für Jugendliche or Jahresjagdschein für Falkner? Those both have to be rare, especial the falconers!
            I haven't seen the falconer's hunting license yet, but I have one of the hunting licenses for teenagers, late variation. Interestingly, this is white, although (according to the law) it should be blue. Probably, only the early variations will have been printed in blue.

Best regards

Martin

Comment

Dave,

just noticed an other question you asked:

So I'm wondering about the day versus annual license?? Was this due to what was hunted or was the day license for an individual from a different state (sort of like the resident vs. non-resident) or was this simply only the desire for a short hunt with a reduced fee from buying an annual?
              Well, before the Reichsjagdgesetz came into force, possibility #2 often was a reason to choose a day license. For example, when a Prussian hunted in Braunschweig (Brunswick), he had to buy a Brunswick hunting license. He could have chosen an annual or a day license; the day license was much cheaper.

But after the Reichs hunting law came into force, the hunting license was valid in whole Germany. So, the day license was chosen then because of reason #3: desire for a short hunt with a reduced fee. Most often chosen by individuals who only were invited in the autumn and winter time to go hunting for rabbits with others.

Regards

Martin

Comment

There is a huge amount of very useful information and some really cool items coming out in this thread. I hope we can keep it going.

Comment

Originally posted by sauerfan View Post
                  Dave,

just noticed an other question you asked:

Well, before the Reichsjagdgesetz came into force, possibility #2 often was a reason to choose a day license. For example, when a Prussian hunted in Braunschweig (Brunswick), he had to buy a Brunswick hunting license. He could have chosen an annual or a day license; the day license was much cheaper.

But after the Reichs hunting law came into force, the hunting license was valid in whole Germany. So, the day license was chosen then because of reason #3: desire for a short hunt with a reduced fee. Most often chosen by individuals who only were invited in the autumn and winter time to go hunting for rabbits with others.

Regards

Martin
                  Martin,

Many thanks to you for taking the time to answer these questions with very helpful information! I had almost forgot that last question!

This brings up another somewhat related question. While looking back at some saved photos, I noticed a blue license (thinking back to the teenagers license), although it was for fishing. by chance would you also be collecting fishing related licenses along with hunting?

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cameron View Post

This brings up another somewhat related question. While looking back at some saved photos, I noticed a blue license (thinking back to the teenagers license), although it was for fishing. by chance would you also be collecting fishing related licenses along with hunting?
                    Dave,

sorry, no, I don't collect fishing licenses. But I know what you mean, I've seen some of these. Yes, they are blue also. The design looks a little similar but has the headline "Jahresfischereischein".

Regards

Martin

Comment

Hello A local dealer has this hunting patch. Is it a good one? Would $175-200 be a fair price? Thanks for any help. Kirby
                      Attached Files

Comment

back
                        Attached Files

Comment

Kirby, the better pictures certainly help to see the details and personally I maybe leaning more towards good, although I've seen so few of these for comparison. Are you going to the show this weekend and will you have it with you?

Comment

Hello Dave I haven't bought the item. If it's good and I can get it for a good price I might buy it. I thought this might be a good thread to get some opinions. I'll still pick up the patch for you if you want it. I didn't see any of these at the Max. Kirby

Comment

Fishing Licenses

In addition to German hunting items I also collect Third Reich period fishing licenses and related ephemera. I have one of the blue Jahresfischereischein as well as a Deutscher Sportfischerpass. if anybody has any fishing related paper documents or photos I'm interested.

Comment

Gentlemen,

for those who are interested: this is how a "Jahresjagdschein für Jugendliche" (one year hunting license for teenagers), late variation looks like:

Best regards

Martin
                                Last edited by sauerfan; 10-23-2008, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X