Show us your impressed/confiscated vehicle photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Bill,

Another pic from my collection showing Opel Super 6 four-door sedan stuck in mud. Symbol on mudguard is unknown to me.

Cheers,
    Larrister
    Attached Files

Comment

Not really in our field but such a nice photo I thought you might like it.

1938 Ford in Indonesia used as an AA vehicle. Note the wheels which appear to have come from a Ford Model A.
      Bill
      Attached Files

Comment

Horch

Hi Bill, this is a picture I have from 1945, you see a German Horch and the Canadian troops with Maj Gen. Keefter in the city Leeuwarden. The End of the War.

Comment

An interesting one here. What I believe is a Glaser bodied (Swiss) Buick of 1937 with a WM number plate. Any ideas where the photo was taken? It is from a Dutch source from an Ebay auction some years ago.

Bill
          Attached Files

Comment

And another one, this time a 1938 Buick with the same coachwork and also I think with body by Glaser

Bill
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bill,

Here is another photo of mine showing an impressed car. It's a pity the photo quality is so poor. Is this car a Horsch 853 convertible?

Best regards,
              Larrister
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I believe you are correct. I have just stared at 50 plus photos of various Horch photos in Werner Oswald's book on the history of that marque and there are at least two photos that almost identically match your photo. There was another series, the 900 series, produced in the same time frame but it had a V8 motor instead of the straight eight of the 850 series and as a result had rather more sheet metal behind the rear of the door(s) and I suppose a larger rear seating compartment. Beautiful cars, are they not? American Officers had, in the main, to make do with ordinary Chevrolet, Ford and Plymouth vehicles as staff cars. By the time we got to Europe, the Germans had taken all the neat ones

Bill

Comment

Horch

Hello Larrister, the car is indeed a Horch 853 A Sport Cabriolet, here a picture of the same type of car that is for sale in Germany .
                  As you see without the Wehrmacht paint it looks different,

Kind regards Hans
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Hans:

It really is amazing to me that we still see survivors coming up for sale of these automobiles 60 years after the end of the war.
                    According to Oswald's book, Horch only made 1.023 of that model and it seems on this site and others, almost every one was taken over by the German forces and not a few of them headed East to Russia. I know that some went to the West and were probably still in use in 1945 but so many tens of thousands of vehicles capured by the Allies or abandoned by the German forces were quickly used up and scrapped by the 1950s when the European auto industry finally caught up to the demand for new cars and trucks.

I spent a couple of hours today on several Dutch and Belgian sites and hope to post some more photos of impressed or confiscated vehicles tonight or tomorrow.
                    Cheers
                    Bill

Comment

Some Belgian Chevrolet trucks.

Bill
                      Attached Files

Comment

Some photos. You can see Speer in the photo.
                        Attached Files

Comment

More, here too
                          Attached Files

Comment

More
                            Attached Files

Comment

More one
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the photos Rensburg:

I am not altogether sure but I believe the first two are of a BMW
                                The last photo seems to be an American vehicle, possibly a Chrysler product.
                                Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X