No announcement yet.

Show us your impressed/confiscated vehicle photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having problems with my photo editing program. Let's see if this works.

If it comes through, it is another 1935 Ford umbau-wagen.
    For the record, I got this and many other images from Australia and several have Akiri Takiguchi (sp) marks on them but I will bet most came off of Ebay originally. Don't want to cause a problem!!!
    Bill
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bill Murray; 05-28-2005, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Here is another from the same source. Perhaps Dutch or Belgian Ford V8 but I cannot really tell if it is military or civilian. The cab looks civilian but it also looks like it may have a kubel body. Feel free to comment.

Bill
      Attached Files

Comment

And another, same source. This is actually a double hit. The first vehicle is a British Morris (beute) and the second I am not yet sure about but it looks to be a civilian vehicle impressed into service.
        Bill
        Attached Files

Comment

Another shot. A little out of our area but a 1937/1938 Chevrolet impressed by the Finnish Army.
          Bill
          Attached Files

Comment

This may be cheating a bit aas it may be a military vehicle but I am not sure. I know it is a Czech Skoda but I am not sure if it is civilian or military. From an expired Ebay auction

Opinions are welcome.
            Bill
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Bill Murray; 05-28-2005, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Just a little out of our area, but not much. A 1937 Ford civilian vehicle impressed by Franco's forces. Courtesy of Cegesoma, the Belgian site.

Bill
              Attached Files

Comment

Bill here is one I just got in the mail today. It looks like it still has it's civilian plate? Also What make is the bus I can read MAN diesel... Mike
                Attached Files

Comment

Mike:

Well for sure it is a MAN bus and according to the caption it is being used as a "Staff Vehicle" Due to it's rather spartan appearance, I would suspect it is not a high level "Staff Vehicle" maybe at company or at most batallion level.

I made several attempts to blow up the photo to determine where it was originally registered but did not succeed. For sure, though, it was a German civilian vehicle impressed by the German armed forces.

Nice photograph and I hope you keep them coming.

Comment

thanks Bill, Oh so MAN is the manufacturer....here is a close up of the plate.. looks like it is also a artillery vehicle by the tactical sign... Mike
                    Originally posted by Bill Murray
                    Mike:

Well for sure it is a MAN bus and according to the caption it is being used as a "Staff Vehicle" Due to it's rather spartan appearance, I would suspect it is not a high level "Staff Vehicle" maybe at company or at most batallion level.

I made several attempts to blow up the photo to determine where it was originally registered but did not succeed. For sure, though, it was a German civilian vehicle impressed by the German armed forces.

Nice photograph and I hope you keep them coming.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well, Damn:

I did say on my post regarding German civil license plates that it was not complete but I am beginning to realize how incomplete that listing is.

Thank you for successfully enlarging that photo, in this instance, I will take a quick guess and say the plate might indicate a ReichsPost vehicle (RP...).

Not sure, but an educated guess.
                      Bill
                      Last edited by Bill Murray; 05-29-2005, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Bill, quick guess or not I think you are right. Was the Reich post like our US post office? The reason I ask is I wouldn't think, even in the 3rd Reich, the postal service wouldn't need a heavy howitzer company...lol They just hadn't taken the plates off the bus....
                        Originally posted by Bill Murray
                        Well, Damn:

I did say on my post regarding German civil license plates that it was not complete but I am beginning to realize how incomplete that listing is.

Thank you for successfully enlarging that photo, in this instance, I will take a quick guess and say the plate might indicate a ReichsPost vehicle (RP...).

Not sure, but an educated guess.
                        Bill

Comment

Yes, Mike, this is a recurring theme in many of my posts. I assume that photo might have been taken on the Eastern Front and I must have 500 or more photos in my archives of impressed or confiscated vehicles still wearing their original number plates from that area.

Even given Hitler's dominant pesonality, it will always baffle me why so many very professional German Generals allowed themselves to be ordered to attack Russia with such a lousy logistics system. Not only transport vehicles, either.
                          Armor is not my thing but I have read where entire Divisions were equipped with, for example, French tanks, half tracks etc.
                          In the case of transport vehicles, trucks and cars, I have read estimates that up to 80% of all vehicles on the Eastern Front were either captured, impressed in Germany or confiscated vehicles from France, the Lowlands, Denmark, Greece and so on. I spent 25 years in international spare parts distribution for cars, trucks and heavy equipment and I can only imagine the headaches their maintenance personnel must have had trying to keep this hodgepodge on the road.
                          Keep the photos coming, Mike, you are getting some really good stuff on here and I really appreciate it.
                          Bill

Comment

Tatra

Hi Bill,

The truck in posting ~110 is actually a Tatra T 27, the civilian version had smaller double wheels on the back, and the military version had larger, single wheels on the rear. (from Spielbergers book on the Czech military vehicles). Hard to see which in this photo though....

cheers
                            Steve

Comment

Steve:

Thanks a bunch. I have learned the hard way that one can make ID mistakes.
                              I have all sorts of Walter's books but not one on Czech vehicles. Can you give me the ISBN or a link to where I might purchase it. Or, just the name and I can Google it.
                              Cheers
                              Bill

Comment

Hi Bill

Hi Bill,

The book is volume 11 in the Motorbook series;

"Die Panzer-Kampfwagen 35(t) und 38(t) und ihre Abarten - einschliesslich der tschechoslowakischen Heeresmotorisierung 1920-1945"

ISBN 3-87943-708-4

A great book which covers alot of softskin vehicles as well as the armoured stuff. I got a copy in England for about £25.

Cheers
                                Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X