No announcement yet.

Show us your impressed/confiscated vehicle photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bill, glad I can contribute! here is another from my collection. This one comes from a Luft signals album I have.
    Originally posted by Bill Murray
    Keep the photos coming, Mike, you are getting some really good stuff on here and I really appreciate it.
    Bill
    Attached Files

Comment

Mike:

Opel Olympia of 1935/1936 and one of the clearest shots I have seen.
      Nice work!!
      Bill

Comment

LOL.. I have a number of very clear shots of this car in the album... even one with a tree across it in Russia...
        Mike:

Opel Olympia of 1935/1936 and one of the clearest shots I have seen.
        Nice work!!
        Bill

Comment

Bill here is another from my collection, a veritable smorgasboard of impressed vehicles for you..... Mike
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mike but I will not even try that photo tonight.

Between this forum and a couple of others, plus some email files that I have been getting from Belgium and Australia that are all "vehicle park" type photos I have a full plate for those kind of shots. I did recognize about half a dozen off the top so it should not take me too long to nail it down.
            Bill

Comment

Here I will post a photo from an Estonian site I just found.
              There are lots of photos of what I would assume are impressed vehicles and some that most likely were impressed at one time or another.
              Attached Files

Comment

And another from the same site
                Attached Files

Comment

And here is a Ford V8 as a funeral car and I think it was during the early part of the war. A 1938 Ford it is.

Bill
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another from Estonia, which seems to be a very good source of pre-war and WWII photos. Here we have a Dodg of about 1935, which if it survived, would surely have been confiscated.

Bill
                    Attached Files

Comment

The Finns had their share of problems also. This Chevrolet was originally a Taxi.
                      Bill
                      Attached Files

Comment

I seem to be "cheating" rather a lot lately on my latest posts but here is a very rare Opel coachbuilt sedan that survived WWII that I will bet was confiscated by either the German or Russian forces. Photo is taken in Estonia after WWII.

I wish I had that car!!.
                        Bill
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bill here is another for you.. This to me looks like a Dodge but I am more than likely wrong... Mike
                          Attached Files

Comment

Mike:

Never sell yourself short.
                            You are entirely correct, the first three trucks are Dodge and I would think they are three tonners ex-French. The trucks in the background to me are French and after I play with your photo I will try to ID them.

May I assume the photo was taken in Russia 1941... That woud help.
                            Cheers
                            Bill

Comment

Just to keep myself honest, here is a period photo of the same Opel with custom coachwork by Hebmueller not, Hubmuller.

Edit, mistake>>> I hate it when I screw up a language I am not familiar with.
                              I have enough problems with my own language!!!!!!

BTW, does anyone know if you can import a keyboard to use the specific letters of for, example, German, Scandinavian, Hispanic and so forth languages?? I know the different letters, having lived in Europe and South America but I have to fake it all the time.

Bill
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Bill Murray; 05-31-2005, 09:46 PM. Reason: gross mistake

Comment

WEll there you BIll I do getem right occaisonally. I would think it is 41-42 and yes It looks like Russia to me. Though there isn't writing on the back... Mike
                                Mike:

Never sell yourself short.
                                You are entirely correct, the first three trucks are Dodge and I would think they are three tonners ex-French. The trucks in the background to me are French and after I play with your photo I will try to ID them.

May I assume the photo was taken in Russia 1941... That woud help.
                                Cheers
                                Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 22 users online. 0 members and 22 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X