Colorizing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
    Tavolga, Man that is real awesome! You did a wonderful job and very quick!
    Thanks very much! as a collector of M44 tunics, this is a favorite photo and I again want to thank you!!!!!!
    Your Talent shines! for that matter all of you colorizers shine, love this thread!
    Best Regards!
    Kevin
    Thank You!

Comment

Wartime colorization

Here's a portrait colorized at the time.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jujuy View Post
        Dr House was a POW?
        good sighting

Comment

Sure does look like House!! haha

- couple more from my collection
          Attached Files

Comment

SS TK + StuG member
            Attached Files

Comment

Pak Crew
              Attached Files

Comment

pzjagers
                Attached Files

Comment

great job

Hi Bill,

What a great job you've done in colorizing these photos.

Comment

I have just finished this little project.

Larry
                    Attached Files

Comment

great job

Originally posted by Larrister View Post
                      I have just finished this little project.

Larry
                      Hi Larry,

What a great job. I'd swear this was originally a color photo. What rank is the guy? Does the red in his collar tab signify what part of the Luftwaffe he was in?

Comment

Excellent job Bill, those are great photos!
                        I really like your Early Flak Man project also Larry! there in my mind is no better branch color than Flak, I only own only one Fleigerbluse, a well worn small size NCO which is piped Flak!
                        I have added a shot showing a collar tab and Board for you if you want to use it to fine tune your red?

Kevin
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by WEISNER; 12-10-2011, 11:34 PM.

Comment

John, In Larrys photo He is a Flak NCO probably a Feldwebel also called a Wachtmeister as I see only one pip that is cut off in the photo and three metal eagles on his collar tab. Hope this was helpful!
                          The board on my tunic is for a Unteroffizier, as there is no litzen on the flat end of the board and no pip with one metal eagle on the collar tab.
                          Larry's photo is early as the tunic still has Red collar pipeing! Pipeing was to be removed from all Luftwaffe tunics by an order sent out on March 20, 1940.
                          Kev
                          Last edited by WEISNER; 12-10-2011, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks very much Guys for the compliments and good information.
                            Kevin is right about the red tabs and piping. I have altered the color to match the tabs in Kevin's post.

The numbered cyphers on his shoulder tabs is either "83 or "89."
                            As Flak Rgt. 83 was stationed in Norway would he have qualified for the Ost Medal as shown on his ribbon bar?

Here is the altered photo. The color change in the red is subtle but looks much more accurate in my opinion. Please suggest any other changes as this help me to make more accurate colorizations.

Larry
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Guys, and Larry.....wow! You did an awesome job on that one. Really brought it back to life

Kev- I agree, Flak waffenfabre is the best looking IMO. I also like the Darker Green Nautiker piping. The germans knew how to look sharp, thats for sure

Comment

Panzerman w/ not so common sidecap (m42 w/ buttons)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X