No announcement yet.

Colorizing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

personally.. i think the kriegsmarine portraits come out the best ...all the ones ive seen here are outstanding...maybe its the contrast between blue and white....i dunno....im gonna have to give this a go..have a pic of my grandfather in uniform that deserves the treatment...cpl nice jobs on heydrich....Akiras (?) actual colour pics posted earlier on should be used to disern light...thats if trying to go top notch....i esp love the potraits.....i think it brings these ppl to life a little....once again..K

Comment

Recently finished project.

Larry
      Attached Files

Comment

Larry, you have refined that art down to a science. I would go so far as to say you are quite the professional.

Mike

Comment

Another one from me, Vizeadmiral Karl Bartenbach:

Comment

Excellent work guys! Love the landscape pics. I tried to step away from WWII theme and tried few WWI portraits:

Comment

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
              Larry, you have refined that art down to a science. I would go so far as to say you are quite the professional.

Mike
              Thanks Mike, much appreciated.

Cheers,
              Larry

Comment

hi all,

glad that this one isnt dead

General der Flak-Artillerie Helmut Richter:

best,

Matteus

Comment

please

hello your color photos are exelentní! I would like to know how trying it here but not me! much I beg you here on the forum too few photos of disarmament could you be so lovely color, too? especially the picture as there is the long convoy and soldiers around! and send to my email? too many you please. My email: @ l.josef email.cz
                  Thank you for your reply Joseph

disarmament of the German army in Bohemia in the village Čimelice 1945 (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)
                  lacky

Comment

Here's my shot at a recolorized Otto Wöhler:

Comment

Excellent rendition as usual
                      best regards!

Comment

Werner Ostendorff:

Comment

Otto Korfes, post war VoPo

Comment

Some amazing pictures there. My favourite out of the recent ones would be #754 - killer shot ! Also 752, the WWI ones & the Orel one - I think the understated slightly de-saturated look works very well for these.

Comment

For me, they are all very good and I know these involve a hugh amount of work in photoshop or some other editing program.
                              So well done to all involved.

I think the portraits are sometimes the hardest. Getting the right mix of colour and depth in the face can be very hard. And trying to decide is a face more yellow or pink or brown or some crazy mix in between is always very hard.

Ian

Comment

thanks guys, much appreciated, Larristers scenes are beyond my skills, though
                                one shot at Matija Čanić from croatia:

and i.spring you're right, skin is key (+ getting the colours out again - after adding them)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 249 users online. 0 members and 249 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X