No announcement yet.

Panzermänner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful portraits Nordi, I especially like the last one. Nice early photo. Looks like Pz Rgt 2

Comment

Comment

SS TK's on the tabs. Note the wierd look of the tabs/braid as well.?
        Attached Files

Comment

Great portrait Bill. That is an odd looking tab.

Comment

Leutnant Dieter Jahn of Schwere Panzer Abteilung 507 (King Tigers). He was Kommander of 1st Kompanie, HQ Before that, he was in the Afrika Korps and was wounded in a Panzer III at El Alamein on his 29th Combat engagement with Pz Rgt 5. A true Panzerman.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by borodinenko View Post

The top picture looks like Hans-Jürgen Burmester

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael1 View Post
                The top picture looks like Hans-Jürgen Burmester
                The second one looks like Patton Oswalt:
                Attached Files

Comment

On the picture:
                  Walter Schwaighoffer panzer commander. Photo from his album from the eastern front. He got this Panzer III (Wildkatze) on 18 Mai 1942 . Schwainghoffer wounded near Abganerowo (Stalingrad area) on 7 August 1942, cca 06.00.In the meeting engagement, the enemy T-34 hit the tank,and the commander got shellgranat splinter-and lost the left eye.
                  His note to the picture: "Ich der Kommandant der Wildkatze"
                  Attached Files

Comment

Max Grosshauser, photo from his album.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Aiceman; 12-06-2012, 01:29 PM. Reason: repair

Comment

Nice ones guys! Love the Walter Schwaighoffer photo. That Dieter Jahn pic of mine is also from his personal wartime album.

Here is a StuG radio operator/signals qualified man, w/ Skull and crossbones ring.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Tank ACE and diamondswinner: General von Strachwitz
                        Attached Files

Comment

Comment

My good friend Henner asked me to post this here to see if anyone might be able to tell him where the photo was taken.

Thanks,
                            Rob
                            Attached Files

Comment

Rob, thanks for posting on Henners behalf. Beautiful photo. Hopefully some1 can help w/ location.

Nordi, I like that photo. Wondering if it could be 9th Pz Div, rather than 6th....as they used the XX symbols eariler. Does it have a date?

Here is a Panzerman w/ "XI" shoulderboards. Wehrkreis 11- Hanover
                              Anyone have any info on a possible unit? longshot
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer Rob View Post
                                My good friend Henner asked me to post this here to see if anyone might be able to tell him where the photo was taken.

Thanks,
                                Rob
                                Description is "Südfrankreich - Umzug von ...... nach ....."

in english:

"southern France - move from ..... to ....." Maybe a french can identyfy the towns.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X