post your Graves photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
    from what i understand, these soldats had not yet been able to be transferred to a Soldier Cemetary because it was too dangerous at the time? So the temporary grave is in Waslikow, Ukraine?
    No, not too dangerous. These graves just have not been found. Many of these german grave yards in Russia were ruined or just covered. There is even a case in Wolgograd (Stalingrad) were a grave site has become a rubbish dump

There have been many attempts to locate these grave sites but due to lack of funds, many will remain 'lost' or covered keaping the soldiers as MIA's.

Photographs like these can therefore be very valuable to identify missing soldiers.

Comment

I found a Günther Kip in the Volkabund list:

Nachname: Kipp
      Vorname: Günther
      Dienstgrad: Gefreiter
      Geburtsdatum: 03.01.1921
      Geburtsort: Düsseldorf
      Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 05.10.1942
      Todes-/Vermisstenort: 1.San.Kp. 1/126

Günther Kipp ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in Korpowo - Sammelfriedhof (Rußland) .
      Endgrablage: Block 18 Reihe 12 Grab 695

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by deejay View Post
        No, not too dangerous. These graves just have not been found. Many of these german grave yards in Russia were ruined or just covered. There is even a case in Wolgograd (Stalingrad) were a grave site has become a rubbish dump

There have been many attempts to locate these grave sites but due to lack of funds, many will remain 'lost' or covered keaping the soldiers as MIA's.

Photographs like these can therefore be very valuable to identify missing soldiers.
        Ahhh. I see. My bad. I used an online translator to translate what was written on the bottom under each entry and that is what it was translated to. I guess you really never get a perfectly accurate translation from those things. thanks for the input, I appreciate the explanation. it is truly a shame that these graves can be just so simply overlooked and forgotten about. Our governments can use all sorts of money for other stupid unneccasary things today, but cant take a minute to fix things that actually matter to alot of people. A Rubbish Dump......WTF is wrong with this world?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post

Günther Kipp ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in Korpowo - Sammelfriedhof (Rußland) .

Gerdan

Kipp must have been a common name because the last photo you did (mine), there was also a soldat named Kipp. Interesting

Comment

In the recent German phone book you will find more than 1720 entries "Kipp"

Gerdan

Comment

Any book with info on WWII graves out there?

Dear war grave photo collectors,
              is there any books out there that have sections devoted to WWII graves?
              Be it locations of larger cemetaries, customs, ceremonies, regulations,traditions, variations among the forces-- or anything else?
              I have done some checking on this but have come up with nothing.
              I would hope for an English language book, but in reality there may not even be one in Deutsch.
              Thanks in advance,
              Michael

Comment

I found some titles dealing with the subject Kriegsgräber:

Der Golm und die Tragödie von Swinemünde. Kriegsgräber als Wegweiser zwischen Vergangenheit und Zukunft. Herausgegeben vom Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e. V. Redaktion: Nils Köhler sowie Marthe Burfeind, Hanno Hüwe, Hannah-Sophia Rogg, Klaus Utpatel.
                Kamminke, 2011 (recte: 2010).
                501 S., Gr8°. Mit zahlreichen Abbildungen und Karten. Pp.

FUER DEN FRIEDEN. Gedenkstätten und Gräber der Opfer von Krieg und Gewaltherrschaft in Berlin. Hrsg. v. Volksbund Dt. Kriegsgräberfürsorge.
                [nach diesem Titel suchen]
                Berlin, Jaron, 2000.
                ISBN 3-89773-021-9

Orig.-Ausg., 1. Aufl. 4°. Mit zahlr. (tls. farb.) Abb., Plan. 111 S. Farb. ill. OPbd. -
                [
                Sprache: Deutsch

Deutsche Kriegsgräberstätten in Ost- und Südosteuropa / zsgest. von Anja und Willi Kammerer. [Hrsg.: Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e. V.]
                Beteiligt: Kammerer, Anja
                Körperschaft: Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge
                Ausgabe: [Neuaufl.]
                Erschienen: Kassel : Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräber e. V., 2004
                Umfang: 240 S. : zahlr. Ill., Kt.

Sorry, but the text is written in German .

Gerdan

Comment

books on War graves

Thanks for those titles, Gerdan.
                  in my first cursory look at them , these books appear to be focused on how war graves and their maintenance are related/situated with the "modern" post WWII world.
                  I was hoping to find a history of how these war graves were considered and created by those within and during the WWII conflict .
                  This is what I have found hard to locate.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post

Gerdan
                    This is very interesting information! The Korpovo (Novgorod district) is well known place to me and I was there several times.

There are more photos from there how this place looks today: http://www.roadplanet.ru/home/guides/149/

Comment

I wonder if the Günther Kipp that Gerdan has provided is correct because the man Hanns Walter whose grave is beside Günther died in 1944 in Banja Luka in Bosnia and this man Kipp died in 1942 in Russia. So why would they be buried together when they died years apart and 1000's km from each other. I don't think that Kipp is the correct man.

Comment

Originally posted by cesky67 View Post
                        I wonder if the Günther Kipp that Gerdan has provided is correct because the man Hanns Walter whose grave is beside Günther died in 1944 in Banja Luka in Bosnia and this man Kipp died in 1942 in Russia. So why would they be buried together when they died years apart and 1000's km from each other. I don't think that Kipp is the correct man.
                        From what I know if you need to know correct information about KIA from Volksbund it is necessary to know a full name, date of birth and date of death. All what I have from my photo are VERY hard to read names from grave crosses without birth/death dates. Thus we have such result. Anyway thanks to all for their time for research of these graves.

Comment

There is only o n e soldier KIA in the Volksbund list named Günther Kipp. He has been KIA fare away from the other soldier in the grave close to their first burial place. So it seems that these two soldiers are not killed together. Even the date of their death is very different.

Gerdan

Comment

Kipp may not be the man's name. This is an assumption. Also the Volksbund list is not complete, far from it. This is what they say themselves on their website.

"Über 4,5 Mio. Verlustmeldungen sind derzeit abrufbar. Die Datenbank wird laufend ergänzt."
                            So there are maybe 2 to 3 Million names yet to be put on the list.
                            So even if the name Kipp is correct just because there is only one Günther Kipp on the list doesn't automatically mean that it must be him.

Comment

Here are some sad photos of a Priest or religious figure giving last rights to a fallen solider. The grouping came with more photos but i will share 3 of them.
                              Attached Files

Comment

funeral procession w/ same religious figure
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X