Hitler bodyguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

the topic of this subject was pictures of the Hitler convoy visiting unknown locations in 1940, and to my own opinion, this "Speer SS cap" is just off-topic and pretty boring (Obersalzberg, please post your picture > upload it to imageshack.us so we can move back to the original topic) to say the least.

Back to the original topic about the various pictures of kerryboo.

#1 : maybe taken at Brûly-de-Pesche ("Wolfsschlucht I") in the forest, or at "Felsennest" before a travel (check of the maps) ?

#2 : 9 SS bodyguards near a G4, probably all the guys of this single vehicle ?
    This is clearly one of the cars with bodyguards only (leaded by Bruno Gesche with googles).
    The car is parked in front of a store/garage ? "Floridoil" was a special oïl for cars, at least in France but maybe also in other countries like The Netherlands or Belgium.

#14 : very interesting picture. The buildings may be clearly identified. This looks a french location.
    Five G4s. The first one on the left is the one of bodyguards, with two MG34 to protect the sky. The second one is full of bodyguards too, clearly the one of Gesche. The third G4 is the one of Hitler ( ?with glasses on the side). Notice the guys with motorcycle (?) helmets at the back.
    The four one may be for VIPs ? Or is it for Hitler ? Glasses on the side.
    The picture is taken from the fifth G4.

#15 : heavily destroyed city, use of red bricks can confirm that it was in the north of France/Belgium/Netherlands. Unfortunately the tempory road signs are difficult to understand.
    Nota : the first car is the one of Hitler (strangely no more guys with motorcycle helmets on the back), the second is the bodyguard car of Gesche.

See You

Vince

Comment

hi
      wanted to add these fotos dated 28.03.1936 Bad Godesberg
      regards Stephan
      Attached Files

Comment

Close -up
        Attached Files

Comment

..last one
          Attached Files

Comment

Vince: Thanks for posting that clip with Hitler changing into his white trench/raincoat; a solid addition to this discussion!

Chrischa: Yes, I believe 'honorary' members of the SS are listed in the DALs, as they carried actual ranks.

Obersalzberg: I originally missed your statement that, without being an Association Member, you do not have the ability to post pix here; thanks for reminding us of that fact. Though I am a member, I do not have the knowledge to assist here; hopefully someone with that ability will be able to accept your offer of posting the photo for you, and we will all be much obliged!

Lastly, I think it would be helpful if there were some responses to my question about Arno Breker wearing an SS cap while not being of that order. With a top-level delegation such as this one touring Paris and being continually photographed as it was for the media, I can't imagine that Breker would have borrowed someone's cap simply to fit in with everyone else wearing hats.

Many thanks for a fascinating conversation!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
              Hi,

the topic of this subject was pictures of the Hitler convoy visiting unknown locations in 1940, and to my own opinion, this "Speer SS cap" is just off-topic and pretty boring
              Vince,
              The discussion on the wearing of an SS side cap developed from a comment made by kerryboo about uniform dress in the photos and a further statement by Obersalzberg. Some people find discussion about uniform interesting and especially the wearing of it contrary to regulations, particularly by high profile personalities. To them it is not boring and this forum is for everyone's use. One might even say that discussion in which you have participated about SS posters or Zyklon B cannisters in other posts is boring, but we have not. While members reply to comments on uniforms worn in the photographs or by members of Hitler's entourage in France, they remain pertinent. For my part, I have a particular interest in the tour of Paris made by Hitler in June 1940 and this is all connected to the original images posted of Hitler's entourage in France.
              I agree with Br. James....I find the discussion fascinating.
              Regards,
              Max.
              Last edited by max history; 09-22-2013, 07:24 PM.

Comment

In answer to Br. James' point about Breker wearing SS uniform in the photos of the Paris tour, I have yet to confirm that he was wearing SS uniform under his top coat. One cannot assume he was. The top coat did not have any insignia and so it might only be the side cap he wore just for appearance sake so the whole party appeared in uniform for the cameras. Who knows? The reason is a bit of a mystery as he was a civilian as far as I know and was not a member of the SS.
                Max.

Comment

Whatever the verdict !

The Photos are quite fabulous !

Comment

Hi,

where is the Speer-SS cap that is flooding the topic ?

Obersalzberg, you can upload the picture HERE :

http://imageshack.us/

Register is easy (you just need an email), then you can upload as many pictures as you can.

Max, the problem here is that Obersalzberg made a free assertion (not prov
                    ing anything) and has yet to post the picture. To the contrary of Obersalzberg, i try to back any assertion in the usual topics i'm interested in. Even if it is off-topic, the picture has be posted (or not if it is only a trolling game) and everyone will be happy.

The tour of Paris and others in the west are heavy filmed/pictured, dozen of books exist and if i'm right Speer is giving some infos in his biography about the lack of preparation for the tour in Paris (for him and Breker at least).
                    Am i the only one to have the article of Speer about Paris ? I will need to check it...

And the original topic was about the very interesting pictures of kerryboo, which are clearly not taken during the trip to and in Paris.

Here we have :
                    pictures of Hitler tour in the north of France ?
                    > pictures of Hitler elsewhere
                    > Obersalzberg made assertion and attacks without ANY proof
                    > Speer is wearing an SS cap
                    > Hitler in Paris

See You

Vince

Comment

I think this was taken at the same time as Larry's Steiermark photo,
                      Kerry.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

i found the article i rode a few weeks ago.

This is NOT by Albert Speer, but by Arno Breker.

The article is taken from "Paris, Hitler et moi" ("Paris, Hitler and me"), published by the Presses de la Cité in 1970 (it seemed that the book is very expensive now). It seemed that this book is not available in english or german ?

The article called "Hitler : Paris à la sauvette" ("Hitler : Paris in haste") and was published in "Historia" n°319, June 1973 (pages 106-117).

First, a map of the Hitler travel in Paris (taken from the "Historia" article.

Back to the article...
                        I'm translating the most important parts. Please notice that Arno Breker is maybe over-reacting in the article, like he was afraid of Hitler and the nazis.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 22, 1940
                        7.15 AM, Berlin
                        "Very unusual telephone call. This is the Gestapo. I had to be ready in one hour for a "small travel". A car will pick up me in one hour. I try to speak with the two SS that took me in the car, but no response.
                        A few times after, we arrive at the Staaken airport [nota : in the Spandau area, 30 km in the east of Berlin]. The travel was made in a Ju-52, without chairs - only bench in the side of the cabin. 3 hours after, we landed in an unknown area, but it was familiar to me, it was France.
                        I was taken into a new car. In a crossroad i saw a road sign : "Brûly".
                        No one was seen anywhere. The car stopped in front of some OT barracks.
                        Albert Speer and Hermann Giesler came to me, and informed me that i was in the HQ of Hitler.
                        I was taken to the school of the village of Brûly. I had to stay there.

A few times later, i was taken to Hitler. He was friendly, and announced that he wanted to visit Paris. He wanted to visit the city with Speer and Giesler, and as i was an old parisian, he wanted that i propose him a travel map for our trip in Paris.
                        Then Hitler made a small speech : he had been always fascinated by Paris, because it was the city of art and artists. He said that Paris was an great example and can be used in the modification of the german cities. He concluded that he didn't wanted to make a victory parade in Paris, because it would be not good for the french-german relations.
                        The speech moved me a lot because Paris was in a kind of way my homeland.

The dinner was planned for 7.30 PM.
                        I did a small trip in the countryside.
                        When i came back, it was said to me that Hitler wanted that i had an uniform for the trip in Paris. I was wearing a grey flannel suit.
                        I decided to take an overcoat and a cap with the rank of a leutnant. I thought that an higher rank will be disrespectful. The overcoat was very long, so it was hiding my civilian trousers.

The dinner was very quick, because the departure was planned for 3.00 AM.
                        I didn't sleep and was one of the first to arrive for the breakfast.

June 23, 1940
                        Hitler was in a leathercoat, and he was speechless.
                        The cars drove for half an hour, and arrived in a big empty prairie. It was the strip of the "airport".
                        We used the plane of Hitler.
                        We arrived in Le Bourget, where some cars where waiting for us.
                        Hitler took place near the driver, i was behind him with Speer and Giesler.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

> CASE CLOSED for the uniform of Breker !

See You

Vince

Comment

Vince,
                          Great information; thanks.
                          Max.

Comment

I agree, Max! From the quotations by Breker that Vince has provided, it certainly looks as though Hitler wanted a sense of uniform uniformity within his cortage before the cameras as they toured Paris, and if Breker showed up bearheaded and wearing a business suit for the occasion, who would have argued with "the Master of Europe" that day if he told Breker to immediately find a military-style overcoat and hat for the tour? Obviously, it made much more sense to Hitler, who was always concerned with how things appeared on camera, that the military uniformity of the touring conqueror's group would be captured for posterity.

Thanks very much, Vince!

Br. James

Comment

It certainly appears to be the case that Hitlers view on uniform etiquette was somewhat loose.
                              Whilst preparing for a visit I think with Mussolini he asked Christa Schroeder if she had, or could she find ' some sort of uniform' for the trip. My dear friend the late Ingrid Scharfenberg related many such stories to me as she was an old friend. I believe i read this also in her memoirs.
                              Leni Riefenstahl recalled kitting out all her cameramen in SA uniform so they wouldn't stand out during the filming of Olympia and Triumph Of The Will
                              Getting off the topic again

Comment

Originally posted by Obersalzberg View Post
                                It certainly appears to be the case that Hitlers view on uniform etiquette was somewhat loose.
                                Whilst preparing for a visit I think with Mussolini he asked Christa Schroeder if she had, or could she find ' some sort of uniform' for the trip. My dear friend the late Ingrid Scharfenberg related many such stories to me as she was an old friend. I believe i read this also in her memoirs.
                                Leni Riefenstahl recalled kitting out all her cameramen in SA uniform so they wouldn't stand out during the filming of Olympia and Triumph Of The Will
                                Getting off the topic again
                                Just also noticed Hermann Giesler in either Wehrmacht or SS side cap during film of the Eiffel shot of the main three

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X