No announcement yet.

Hitler bodyguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other prominent Third Reich personalities had security squads attached to their convoys as well.

A photo of Goering with Gauleiter Josef Buerckel sitting in the back.

Were these men drawn from the same source as Hitler's bodyguard?
    Attached Files

Comment

Josef Goebbels with a security squad in his car.

Does anyone recognize any of them?

Cheers,
      Larry
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
        Albert Speer did not wear a SS cap on the sightseeing tour of Paris with Hitler. I think you mean Arno Breker.
        Max.
        you are wrong....Speer. you dont have the right picture....I have it in front of me but I'm not a paid up poster.
        Last edited by Obersalzberg; 09-20-2013, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Obersalzberg View Post
          No.....Speer. uou dont have the right picture
          But Hitler only made one sightseeing tour of Paris....on 23rd June 1940....and he was there for only a couple of hours. I have lots of photos of this tour and in all of them Speer wears a peaked cap, not a SS side cap. Arno Breker wore a SS side cap and Paul Giesler also wore a side cap. Are you suggesting that Speer changed his headgear halfway through the tour as he is clearly wearing a peaked cap as can be seen in the image I posted? And if so, why? If you have a photo of Speer wearing a SS side cap in Paris with Hitler, I'm sure we'd all like to see it please.
          Max.

Comment

And here's further proof. A different location on the tour. By the Sacre Coeur. Speer still wears the peaked cap, not a SS side cap. So where am I wrong please?
            Max.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Obersalzberg View Post
              you are wrong....Speer. you dont have the right picture....I have it in front of me but I'm not a paid up poster.
              Here's another shot of the entourage, with IDs as best as I can make them out. If you can't post your photo, where in Paris was it taken? I have a whole series of images from the tour and there's also the famous film of Hitler sightseeing in Paris. As I said, Speer is in peaked cap in all of them. And this was Hitler's only time in Paris.
              Max.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is another from this trip :

Originally posted by kerryboo View Post
                From what I have just Googled about Bruno Gesche I think it could have been a mistake to have a loaded MP38/40 that close to him!
                Kerry
                Apparently Hitler used to joke about how he hoped nothing ever happened in case he ended up getting shot in the back by Gesche There is a very good DVD boxset about Hitler's bodyguards, it goes into the early personalities and also the logistics and how they developed. There is a lot of repetition in the series but overall it's excellent in my opinion.

Comment

Thanks for the additional photo Helden. This is the party leaving Les Invalides I believe. Speer wears his peaked cap in this image also.
                  Max.

Comment

Originally posted by nick-j View Post
                    And is that Karl Wolf with his back turned?
                    Yes, indeed.

Cheers,

Jaime.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                      Here's another shot of the entourage, with IDs as best as I can make them out. If you can't post your photo, where in Paris was it taken? I have a whole series of images from the tour and there's also the famous film of Hitler sightseeing in Paris. As I said, Speer is in peaked cap in all of them. And this was Hitler's only time in Paris.
                      Max.
                      Hello Max!

And please, do not forget... Karl BODENSCHATZ (behind Wolff).

All the best,

Jaime.

Comment

In Note #34, Max History asks: "Are you suggesting that Speer changed his headgear halfway through the tour as he is clearly wearing a peaked cap as can be seen in the image I posted? And if so, why?" Following that train of thought, we see Hitler wearing what appears to be a white or cream-colored double-breasted trenchcoat in the photos in Notes #35 and 37, but in the perhaps more familiar photo in Note #36, he is obviously wearing his PL double-breasted overcoat. My question, as was Max's above, is why would Hitler have changed his outer coat during this quite brief tour of Paris? Any thoughts?

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                          In Note #34, Max History asks: "Are you suggesting that Speer changed his headgear halfway through the tour as he is clearly wearing a peaked cap as can be seen in the image I posted? And if so, why?" Following that train of thought, we see Hitler wearing what appears to be a white or cream-colored double-breasted trenchcoat in the photos in Notes #35 and 37, but in the perhaps more familiar photo in Note #36, he is obviously wearing his PL double-breasted overcoat. My question, as was Max's above, is why would Hitler have changed his outer coat during this quite brief tour of Paris? Any thoughts?

Br. James
                          I think that's easier to answer. Hitler may have found the leather greatcoat too heavy or hot as the morning wore on and decided on something lighter. My guess is he arrived in the leather coat very early in the morning and changed into the lighter raincoat as the temperature rose later. Of course his aides would have a change of coat whereas the others wouldn't have that luxury.
                          Hitler was very particular about his clothes. He hated garments that were too tight or too hot. Notice how baggy he wore his trousers. Apparently he insisted on a size too big!
                          Max.

Comment

Looking through the photos again, I think Hitler was initially wearing a double breasted rubberised greatcoat and not a leather coat as first thought. Even more reason to change it as the morning got warmer, not forgetting it was late June.
                            Max.

Comment

Absolutely agree with Max.

I'm also sure Hitlers' needs would be catered for with regards there being additional clothing in vehicles than the others personalities.

I'm not sure why Speers' head wear is being questioned. He would not have and did not wear an SS cap on the visit.

Chris.

Comment

Speer and SS cap.

I can email the picture that I have if anyone cares to post it.
                                Taken during Hitlers French 'holiday' tour 1940.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X