No announcement yet.

Hitler bodyguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also know from Pete SNelson that Hitlers grey DB worn on 20th July was unlined...for hot weather.
    Later Snelson and his colleague posed for photos with it before it was ceremoniously burnt.....along with the tattered trousers. The uniform that Hitler ordered Linge to dispatch to E.Braun. Later
    discovered by Snelson ( who was in CIC ) at Brauns Bogenhausen home.
    Last edited by Obersalzberg; 09-21-2013, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Obersalzberg View Post
      Taken during Hitlers French 'holiday' tour 1940.
      Sorry, but are you now suggesting that the photo you have was not taken in Paris as you first said? I'm a bit confused.

In similar uniform oddities On Hitlers sight seeing tour of Paris again in the field grey G4 Albert Speer wears an SS officers side cap...I dont think he cared for uniforms of any sort...and probably borrowed Brandts or Linges purlyfor warmt in the open top car.

Comment

I also know from Pete SNelson that Hitlers grey DB worn on 20th July was unlined...for hot weather.
        This rather supports my suggestion that Hitler changed into a lighter top coat in Paris due to his aversion for wearing clothes too warm or too tight.
        Max.

Comment

Thanks for adding your take on the scenario, Max; it makes good sense to me.

Br. James

Comment

[QUOTE=max history;6066131]Sorry, but are you now suggesting that the photo you have was not taken in Paris as you first

You may not know but when Hitler conquered France he spent not just two hours in Paris....he visited his former WW1 front line and many other points of interest to him personally.
            At some point during this sojourn Speer wears the SS cap.

It is of no importance at all......but some seem fascinated by at what day, hour and minute Speer chose to wear this side cap......!!!

I pmd you to send you the picture...you havent replied so I imagine you're not that interested Mr History.
            Last edited by Obersalzberg; 09-21-2013, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              Thanks for adding your take on the scenario, Max; it makes good sense to me.

Br. James
              Its clear that Hitler is wearing his rain coat cut in the military form. He wears it from June 1st when landing in Brussels then at the Menin Gate, Ypres, and during his visit to the Canadian War Memorial at Vimy amongst others.
              Perculiar to this coat is the absence of State Eagle.

The civilan style single breasted rain coat is of course non military and not worn whilst in
              His G4.
              In the early eighties i used to write back and forth with Hans Baur, he told me that Linge asked him to find room in Hitlers FW Condor for a clothes steamer....for the Führers clothes..an incredible man, Baur...in his nineties ans without a leg.....like Mische he was built to last.
              Last edited by Obersalzberg; 09-21-2013, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                Sorry, but are you now suggesting that the photo you have was not taken in Paris as you first said? I'm a bit confused.

You take being smug to a whole new level.

Comment

You take being smug to a whole new level.

Sorry, but are you now suggesting that the photo you have was not taken in Paris as you first

You may not know but when Hitler conquered France he spent not just two hours in Paris....he visited his former WW1 front line and many other points of interest to him personally.
                  At some point during this sojourn Speer wears the SS cap.

It is of no importance at all......but some seem fascinated by at what day, hour and minute Speer chose to wear this side cap......!!!

I pmd you to send you the picture...you havent replied so I imagine you're not that interested Mr History.
                  Thank you for the personal insult. What does that say about you when someone is just trying to get things right for the benefit of others? Yes, I am well aware that Hitler toured various sites in France as are most people who study the period.
                  The point being that you stated quite clearly that Speer wore a SS side cap when he accompanied Hitler on his lightning tour of Paris. I disputed that and you said I was wrong. All the photos of Hitler and Speer in Paris prove it is you who is wrong and now you have moved the goalposts and are suggesting it wasn't Paris, but somewhere else in France.
                  To cut a long story short, if you have a photo of Speer wearing a SS side cap, it would be interesting for everyone to see it. Everyone has their own reasons for participating in this forum and to some people the uniforms worn by personalities are important. It may not be important to you, but different people find it interesting. That is why it's important to get it right.
                  Last edited by max history; 09-22-2013, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Hi,

first, i think we have to focus on the original pictures, to try to identify where they were taken.

Second, we can start a topic about the visit of Hitler in Paris, i have plenty of documents. Or can we continue here ?

See You

Vince

Comment

Here's a related question: why was Arno Breker wearing an SS sidecap during the Paris tour? I've checked the DALs from 1938 and 30.1.42 (senior officers Standartenführer and above) -- which cover both ends of the 1940 tour -- and neither one includes Breker. How, then, did he manage to dress like he did, surrounded by top SS officials and in Hitler's presence, while apparently not a member of that organization?

Also, it would seem to me that if Obersalzberg could simply post the photo he has of Speer wearing an SS sidecap at any time, since Speer, too, was never a member of the SS, then that should nicely take care of that question.

Just some thoughts,

Br. James

Comment

Hi,

Hitler changing his coat, at 1.18.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K57x2Bkddg

Many movies and pictures exist of his road-trip.

Speer explains in his book that he was taken by surprise for this travel, and had to prepare himself in the move. Like many he didn't sleep a lot.
                        Speer is also trying to milk his real power, even for this trip.

See You

Vince

Comment

Here's a related question: why was Arno Breker wearing an SS sidecap during the Paris tour? I've checked the DALs from 1938 and 30.1.42 (senior officers Standartenführer and above) -- which cover both ends of the 1940 tour -- and neither one includes Breker. How, then, did he manage to dress like he did, surrounded by top SS officials and in Hitler's presence, while apparently not a member of that organization?

Also, it would seem to me that if Obersalzberg could simply post the photo he has of Speer wearing an SS sidecap at any time, since Speer, too, was never a member of the SS, then that should nicely take care of that question.

Just some thoughts,

Br. James
                          Do honourary members of the SS show in the DALs?

Comment

Just some thoughts,

Br. James
                            I quite agree. The difference of opinion though was not whether or not Speer was photographed with an SS side cap on his head, but that he wore it around Paris with Hitler, which he clearly didn't. Regardless of that, it would be interesting to see Speer wearing an item of SS uniform, even if it were just larking around for the camera.
                            Max.

Comment

Just some thoughts,

Br. James

I havent paid for mmembership so let me email it to you....then you can show it if you wish.
                              Last edited by Obersalzberg; 09-22-2013, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I quite agree. The difference of opinion though was not whether or not Speer was photographed with an SS side cap on his head, but that he wore it around Paris with Hitler, which he clearly didn't. Regardless of that, it would be interesting to see Speer wearing an item of SS uniform, even if it were just larking around for the camera.
                                Max.
                                we are not talking about just a two hour event officially pjotographed..........leaving for the airport in early morning til leaving that evening.
                                Wearing incorrect head wear would not have been an issue. It is more about comfort than style for them.
                                We are in danger of looking far too deeply at something that, if Speer et al were alive today, would undoubtedly wonder what all the fuss is about.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X