M-44 tunics in wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officer wearing M44 April 1945

Apologies if this has already been shown, but on this YouTube (colour) clip it looks like an officer wearing an M44 tunic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw_-X9ofAX4 - best pic at exactly 5.25 mins in, you can see the bottom of the tunic.

Comment

nice link Paul !
      And yes it is a M44 tunic.

I really love seeing all the different types of car and truck in late war camo.. in color... fantastic clip !

Ian

Comment

Please also note his breast eagle!
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice
          I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
          Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
          My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Great thread ! Love these photos !!! Tom

Comment

another one

Comment

New picture received today: M44 with either a KM or Heer Panzer side cap (would say Panzer). In any case it's interesting to see that there is still the soutache braid in 1944-45.

He seems to carry a G43 (definitely not a K98) but with 98k pouches !!

Comment

Great photo of an M44!

I wonder if it's possible that it is a 14 - 15 year old boy 'dressing up' in a combination of a Dad/ Uncle's uniform items? His gloves and boots seem a little too large?

I have a picture of my father dressing up in my Grandfather's uniform in the UK in about 1939/ 40 which this reminds me of. I also recall a German veteran telling me that he borrowed a visor cap from a neighbour's house that had belonged to a soldier who died at Stalingrad, for a family photo shoot. Perhaps the Panzer cap was around the house in similar circumstances? I'm just trying to think of a possible reason for such an unlikely hat/ uniform combination.

Once again, a great photo to add to this excellent thread.

Comment

May 1945

Comment

Photo is not from my collection (Internet Catch) but is an interesting addtion to this great Thread. Lionel. </P>

Comment

Dito. L. </P>

Comment

Interesting the see officers wearing the M44 brest eagle. These 2 don't even seem to be the officer version: they appear must darker than the collar tabs so they are probably not made out of the silver thread.

Also interested to see the second officer wearing his RK without an EKI (nor an EK2 ribbon or ribbon bar).

Thanks for sharing !

Comment

ROA M44, Prague

Comment

2 more pictures showing a group of soldiers with a Bofors 37mm anti-tank gun. At least 3 of them are wearing M44 tunics.

Comment

Originally posted by maxoumilitaria View Post
                                2 more pictures showing a group of soldiers with a bofors 37mm anti-tank gun. At least 3 of them are wearing m44 tunics.
                                Excellent!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 16 users online. 0 members and 16 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X