Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi.

Can anyone please help me out with this soldiers first name. His last name is Kamm, but I can't "read" his first name.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    André
    Attached Files

Comment

# 6909

His first name ist " Heinrich "

Gerdan

Comment

Thank you Gerdan!

Regards,
        André

Comment

I am doing some research on FJ Ludw Grill and Monte Cassino. I got this info, but unfortunately no translation. Can anyone please help with the translation, i know it it a lengthy piece? Many thanx. J
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
            I am doing some research on FJ Ludw Grill and Monte Cassino. I got this info, but unfortunately no translation. Can anyone please help with the translation, i know it it a lengthy piece? Many thanx. J
            Not sure if you want it all, or only the portion between the 2 circles. That portion is here:
            At 2 a.m. on March 2, 1944 we wait for the promised artillery support. It makes a thunderous noise – 21 caliber DO launchers (rocket batteries) fire. But they fire short, instead of hitting the train barns and train station, the shells land among us. How many casualties we suffer is unclear in the dark. After 10 minutes the magic passes. Then probing among the train barns. Nobody clarified the operation to us. Specific targets weren’t identified and we have to probe the buildings in the darkness of night. Round train barns with empty windowframes. To the left a (Schlackenhalde? Maybe a grease station?) We receive strong machine-pistol fire, we return it with our K-98s and the machine pistols have a disadvantage to that. Of course we have no grenades with us. As I remember it, Obergefreiter Wächtler calls out in English to give themselves up, and he receives machine-pistol fire in response which strikes him fatally. Grill stands before the Train barn and also wants to enter, he’s also hit by a salvo and falls.
            <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o>best,</o>
            <o>Hank</o>
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hank, thanx that is great. Is there any further reference to Grill after the second circle? Here is pic of Ludwig Grill the Cassino train station where he fell.Jacques
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                # 6909

His first name ist " Heinrich "

Gerdan
                Heinrich Kamm

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                  Hank, thanx that is great. Is there any further reference to Grill after the second circle? Here is pic of Ludwig Grill the Cassino train station where he fell.Jacques
                  No further mention, it continues they hear sounds/voices to the rear, they're worried they've been encircled, but no - it's their comrades.

best
                  Hank
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                  ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
                    No further mention, it continues they hear sounds/voices to the rear, they're worried they've been encircled, but no - it's their comrades.

best
                    Hank
                    Thank you, Hank. J

Comment

Hello,

I would be very thankful for translate this.

I can read only:
                      " ???
                      Batl. IR no 22
                      auf ???
                      Gleiwitz
                      August 1914"

Comment

Hello ,

this is on the back side :

Vereidigung in Goldap / IR 22 / auf dem Kasernenhof

Comment

# 6981

I read

" Vereidigung im Ersatz Btl. I. R. No. 22

auf dem Kasernenhof in Gleiwitz - August 1914 "

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Guys...the only word I can make out is 'gefallenen'. Thanks in advance.
                              Attached Files

Comment

# 6922

" Beerdigung zweier Gefallener - Eberl und Stenger - an der Schweizer Grenze"

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 98 users online. 0 members and 98 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X