Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all,

Is someone able to read this reverse of a photograph? I have no idea what is written on it. Many thanks in advance!

Comment

# 5934

I read " Bed. Aldevogt " - I think Aledevogt is a family name.

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
        # 5934

I read " Bed. Aldevogt " - I think Aledevogt is a family name.

Gerdan
        Many thanks for your help Gerdan! Below is the front side of the picture. Most likely the name refers to one of the soldiers on the photograph then.

Comment

Help - Document in Russian - Release of German POW

This is a Russian document dated 1945. A German wrote in one corner "Der entlassungschein aus russischer gefangenschaft".

This came with a letter written to the parents of Grenadier Siegfred Ewert, to the effect that he was missing in action on the Russian front and has not been seen since an enemy tank attack overran their position, so was also curious to know if this document was in any way related.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

As far as I can see the owner of the document was Jakob Friedrich Uebe. There is also named a

certain Mr. Hallig, Friedrichstadt, Schleswig-Holstein, St. Michaelisdom, Friiedrichskoog.

Gerdan

Comment

Russian doc

I have a similar Russian document to a fellow I know was a POW and had it translated as being his release from captivity. The wording is almost exactly the same. It might be interesting to have a thread for these documents as they do not seem to be very common.

Comment

Thanks, Gerdan, for your help.

Pauke - if you have a translation of the Russian text, can you post it?.

Comment

trans

Unfortunately the Russian woman who read it could only confirm that it is a release document and she was not familiar with military terms in English. I will see about getting the exact wording this week.

Comment

I'm gong to send pics to one of our forum pals in Russia to see what he has to say.

Comment

need help with Sutterlin script

If you can help me decypher some of the Sutterlin script (see pic) I would appreciate it. The first word is 'Eigentum' (property of), the next word is the Chaplain's first name 'Werner' (the chaplain has an unusual way of writing a small case 'e'). The other words have me stumped. I also don't know what the numbers refer to. Would the '#1145548' be his serial/service number???
                          Attached Files

Comment

# 5945

I just made a translation!

Gerdan

Comment

# 5945

I repeat my translation:

"Eigentum Hauptmann Werner Töpfer, # 1145 548, Depot 402, Thorn / Warthe.(gau) "

http://www.deutscheundpolen.de/orte/...orn_torun.html

Gerdan

Comment

Sutterlin translation

Thanks!!! I appreciate the effort. Where did you get 'Hauptmann' from ?? Any ideas as to how I can try to find information on this Chaplain???

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 17 users online. 0 members and 17 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X