Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

# 531

... sendet euch euer Oskar ... ... Am vorigen Sonntag ...

Oberdonau

Comment

Gerdan could you plz take a look at some german writing i posted on post 523?Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Fotis
      Last edited by general1900; 02-04-2010, 06:09 PM.

Comment

# 542

1) Ophasselt: Einschuss in engl.(ischen) Panzer - bullet-hole in a British tank

2) Ltn. ..? (family name)

Gerdan

Comment

Oberdonau: you are right. It is "Wer u n würdigkeit".

I made a mistake late in the evening...

Gerdan

Comment

Gerdan and Oberdonau, many thanks for the translation and your help!

Comment

Could you please translate this,does it contain the name of a soldier?
              Thank you very much for your time.
              Attached Files

Comment

# 546

1) Meinem lieben kleinen Schwesterlein zur Erinnerung an meinen Besuch,
                von Deinem Theo - To my dear little sister in memory to my visit from yours Theo
                G.-... den 15.1.45

2) Okt.(ober) 1944 in Bergensee//Ostpreussen - today Pietzarken/Polone, East Prussia

Gerdan

Comment

Need some help translating these. Thanks in advance.

1)What do the pencil written words say?

2)

3) Vor Reval...Major Dorf(?) V.B (V stands for Von?). What is written under Vor Reval?

Regards,
                  Fotis

Comment

# 548
                    1) Vormarsch August 1943 südlich vom Brenner ? - Advance August 1943 south of Brenner(?)
                    Parma (?) - place name Italy ?

2) Jögeva (?) - place name

3) Vor Reval - Höhe 41 - Major Dorf V. B. - In front of Reval (place name) - Hight 41 (a military point) - Major Dorf - "V. B." could be "Vorgeschobener Beobachter" - advanced post

Gerdan

Comment

# 526 no 1 (short syopsis)

Käte Doerr vom Kassel still is insiting to know more about the fate of her son who seems to be KIA during a bomb raid on Rennes.
                      She contacted a lot of military people (partly named) but finally she did not receive an answer if her son is really KIA or not. He is still missing (MIA). So she tried to find out more on the possible situation of her son. It seems that he is still under the ruins of a bombed buildig in Rennes but as he was not found till now the mother still hopes to find some information on him. And she asked for military who could give her more information.
                      She also asked for some property of her son (money, a pistol..)

Gerdan

Comment

# 525 no 2

This is a bulletin of the NS organization "Nationalsozialistische Kriegsopferversorgung" organization of War Victims (KIA or died during military service) and it is dealing how to handle the KIA-situation for relatives, what they had to do to get a pension (for widows and orphans).

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                          # 548
                          1) Vormarsch August 1943 südlich vom Brenner ? - Advance August 1943 south of Brenner(?)
                          Parma (?) - place name Italy ?

2) Jögeva (?) - place name

3) Vor Reval - Höhe 41 - Major Dorf V. B. - In front of Reval (place name) - Hight 41 (a military point) - Major Dorf - "V. B." could be "Vorgeschobener Beobachter" - advanced post

Gerdan
                          Gerdan i really cant tell you how much i appreciate your help. Indeed the front of the 3rd pic is a Major looking through his binoculars at a Observation Post and the 1st one is taken in Italy and shows some officers resting i think. Do you know where can i search for officer names? I really appreciate your help.

Regards,
                          Fotis

Comment

Thanks a lot for the translation!

Comment

Fotis,

it could be a problem to look for a special officer because there have been millions. The higher ranking officers are easier to identify than the lower ranks. It also depends on his name. If it's a very common German name than you will have a problem. Try it here in this forum.

Gerdan

Comment

Oooops let me try again...............

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 53 users online. 0 members and 53 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X