• Show
Clear All

me again

Anyone make this one out please.
    thanks
    andy
    Attached Files

Comment

Abili Putschi (?) - should be a the name of a soldier or Russian helper (?)

Ein russischer Panzer am 25. Aug(ust) - A Russian tank the 25 August
      ein Kradmelder von uns - a dispatch rider from us

Wir stehen mit dem Fahrzeug weiter hinten - We stand more in the back with the car.

Gerdan

Comment

I just purchased a heer wehrpass, and I dont speek german. On page 47 (apprently place for random info) there are numerous stamps. It almost is like a pattern on this page, it goes in this order:

1. Sonderuntersuchung auf K. V.
        2. Wehrbezirlskommando Wuppertal 24.4.43
        3. arbeitsverwendungs-fabig
        4. a Wuppetal stamp below "arbeitsverwendungs-fabig"
        5. Landwehr II to the right of "arbeitsverwendungs-fabig and Wuppetal stamp"
        6. Signature (I think) and a stamped in "major" below that

This repeteats on the same page again without the "Sonderuntersuchung auf K. V." The second time the date after "Wehrbezirlskommando Wuppertal" is 28.2.1944

Can you translate this, or give the purpose of this information?

Many Thanks, S. Martin
        Last edited by Lt. Martin; 12-06-2009, 08:19 AM.

Comment

1. Special (medical) examination/checkup
          2. Local Draft office Wuppertal
          3. The German word is: arbeitsverwendungsfähig - he is able to work
          5. Militia II
          6. "Major" - major - it is the rank of the soldier who signed the document
          K.V. - Kriegverwendungsfähig - able for army service

Gerdan

Comment

So the medical examination was to see if he was able to serve in the army?..... The medical stamp read "Sonderuntersuchung auf K. V." (this was one stamp)

Do you mean it said, medical examination to see if eligable for the army, or was the medical exmination saying that he could be in the army?

Comment

Where is the rank of the person located in a wherpass? (I dont mean the page for if he moved up in rank)

My wherpass has page 22 and 23 blank, these were used for rank. (except for the awards section which had some from WW1-1934)

So, where else should I look for his rank?

Comment

May be the result of the medical examination was that he was not fit for the army. So he could not have had any rank.

As far as I see he was fit wor working not for the /military/army.

From his age he should have been born before or about 1900 as he had decorations from WWI
                It would be helpful to see same pages in a pic.

Gerdan

Comment

This was a WW1 vet. His name is Fritz Hager and he was born on 14.5.1898. He recieved the EKII in 1918. I was a little confused because on pg.24 (past military info, discharge date, etc.) it says that he was a kanonier (i think that means gunner?) Anyway, it says "als (in the column side) and then kanonier on a dotted line with dieuftgrad underneath the line. What does this mean?

Its interesting because it says (under the language section) that he spoke English and French.

He either used or was trained with a K98. He took signaling and telephone operating courses. He was in Landwehr I in 1937-38 and then got to Landwehr II later. I believe he survived the war.

(I will post pictures asap)

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Martin View Post
                    So the medical examination was to see if he was able to serve in the army?..... The medical stamp read "Sonderuntersuchung auf K. V." (this was one stamp)

Do you mean it said, medical examination to see if eligable for the army, or was the medical exmination saying that he could be in the army?

This was an examination to evaluate the degree of physical suitability for military service, "kriegsverwendungsfähig" and "arbeitsverwendungsfähig" being different categories.

There were four different categories for men found to be fit for military service. They broke down into:

kriegsverwendungsfähig (k.v.) = fit for war service
                    garnisonsverwendungsfähig Feld (g.v.F.) = fit for garrison duty in operational areas
                    garnisonsverwendungsfähig Heimat (g.v.H.) = fit for garrison duty in the home area
                    arbeitsverwendungsfähig (a.v.) = fit for work

Men found to be unfit for military service were classified as:

wehruntauglich (w.u.) = unfit for military service

Men in the category "arbeitsverwendungsfähig" were considered unfit for combat units, field duty and duty in operational areas, but they could still be employed in the homeland in suitable military duty positions. (As orderlies, instructors, clerks, with kitchens, stables and workshops etc.)
                    Last edited by HPL2008; 12-06-2009, 03:17 PM.

Comment

This was a WW1 vet. His name is Fritz Hager and he was born on 14.5.1898. He recieved the EKII in 1918. I was a little confused because on pg.24 (past military info, discharge date, etc.) it says that he was a kanonier (i think that means gunner?) Anyway, it says "als (in the column side) and then kanonier on a dotted line with dieuftgrad underneath the line. What does this mean?

Comment

"Dienstgrad" mean rank and as you found out "Kanonier" - gunner/ cannoneer.

Gerdan

Comment

I got a few picture´s on which i need some help with translating.
                          First 2 picture´s of Germans training in the Dutch dunes in 43 and 44:

Attached Files
                          I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                          Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                          My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

And i need help with this one:
                            Attached Files
                            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

And lastly this LW fellow, he looks to be an oberleutnant?
                              He was in Haarlem (Holland), but whats the meaning of the other word?
                              And to what does he belong? Yellow flight?
                              Attached Files

Comment

# 262
                                unaufhörlich schleppt die Ju 52 nach vorn - continously the Ju 52 is hauling forward
                                # 261

Holland - April 44
                                Scharfschiessen mit 97/38 - sharpshooting with 97/38 (a cannon typ)

# 263

S 3 Ln Böhmler (?) , Haarlem, Februar 44 - Ln (?) Leutnant ? Böhmler(?) is a family name, Haarlem, February 44

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X