Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again Schloss Wedendorf:

Die Geschichte vom Schloss Wedendorf
    Das urkundlich 1255 erwähnte Eigen Wedendorf mit Kirch Grambow des Johann von Bülow kommt 1680 an den Geheimrat Andreas Gottlieb von Bernstorff. Dieser lässt die alte Burg, die vermutlich auf einen slawischen Ringwall zurückgeht, im Jahre 1697 von einem unbekannten Baumeister zu einem barocken Schloss umbauen. 1805 erfolgt die Umgestaltung zu einem dreigeschossigen Bau im Stil des Klassizismus durch den Berliner Architekten Friedrich Rabe. Bis 1815 dauert die Ausgestaltung der Innenräume im pompeanischen Stil durch Giuseppe Anselmo Pellicia, von der nunmehr 13 Deckengemälde erhalten sind. In der Domäne Wedendorf mit den Gütern Groß Hundorf, Gardow, Wotersen, Dreilützow und dem Stammsitz gleichen Namens haben die 1767 gegraften Bernstorff, im Laufe der Jahrhunderte ein Gemeinwesen entstehen lassen, das nur in Zusammenarbeit aller Beteiligten lebensfähig war und damit auch jedem soziale Sicherheit in der Gesamtheit bot.

1931 erfolgte der Zusammenbruch der Domäne und Konsul Hagen aus Lübeck erwarb das Schloss und Gut Wedendorf mit der berühmten Biberzucht.

1945 erfolgte die Enteignung

1992 erwirbt Katharina Haupt – Bernrieder Schloss und Park und beginnt eine umfassende Renovierung des bis 1989 als Schule benutzten Schlosses.

In former times there was a famous beaver breeding institute in the area of the castle. May be the "hunter" was involved with the beaver breeding?

Gerdan

Comment

Postcard Translation Needed

I picked up this WW I Real Photo postcard for the grand sum of $1.00, and I was hoping someone could translate the message on the back. Any help would be most appreciated!

Comment

Postcard Translation Needed II

Here's the back of the card:

Comment

# 2359

"Liebes Kleines, mit Deinem langen Brief habe ich mich sehr gefreut und danke Dir bestens dafür. Gleich rücke ich mit umstehenden Kameraden aus.
          Grüße Grete
          Dir viele Küsse

Dein ..Bruder Geli(??)"

Kanonier Ahlfeld, Trier

My girlie, you did enjoy me with your long letter and I thank you very much. Soon I will marching out with the companions you see on the back.
          Regards to Grete
          A lot of kisses for you
          Yours brother ....

Gerdan

Comment

What does the number over the photo represent. Is it a pow number?

Thanks,
            Swayne
            Attached Files

Comment

Do you know if he was in a French POW Camp? The letters "P G" could be "Prisonnier de

guerre" / POW - than the POW number.

Gerdan

Comment

Can anyone translate this please, which is on the reverse of a citation? Am I right in thinking that he won the EK for repairing his SPW while under fire and joining in the attack?
                Attached Files

Comment

# 2363

Exactly, he repaired the S.P.W. during an attack on Schaulen under heavy fire - as he was a locksmith and the commander of that unit. After that the S.P.W was mobile again.
                  As commander he took part on the attack decisively.

Gerdan

Comment

Thank you once again Gerdan.

Comment

Hello Gerdan,

As promised I have 2 other General Wever photos that came in today with a decent amount of writing on the backs. I hope it might help me in my research. As always.....Thank you, you're the man!
                      Attached Files

Comment

and this one, that looks harder to read. haha
                        Attached Files

Comment

# 2366

" Mit Major Wolff, stellvertr. Geschw(ader) Kommodore und ...? Offiz(ier) beim

Nachmittagskaffee" - with Major Wollf the deputy Geschwader Kommodore and... ?

having a meeting for coffee in the afternoon.

Gerdan

Comment

# 2367

"Besprechung mit dem Meteorologen" - Meeting with the forecaster

Gerdan

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                              # 2366

" Mit Major Wolff, stellvertr. Geschw(ader) Kommodore und ...? Offiz(ier) beim

Nachmittagskaffee" - with Major Wollf the deputy Geschwader Kommodore and... ?

having a meeting for coffee in the afternoon.

Gerdan
                              Could it be Techn.(isches)?

Hank
                              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hank

I would agree with your interpretation - but I don't know if there was a rank or a special description "Techn.(ischer) Offizier" with the Luftwaffe.

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X