• Show
Clear All

# 3111

Herrn Gerhard Werner
    b. Herrn Pfarrer Spellig
    Affaltrach bei
    Heilbronn

R. den 21.9.39

Wo steckst du, mein lb. (lieber) Gerhard, hast ja ganz meiner Schwester Geburtstag vergessen? Weshalb schweigst du dich denn gar so aus. Ich fangs heut an, wieder zu unterrichten; zu Barbaras Glück nicht in ihrer Klasse. Laß von dir hören. Na und deinen Pflegeeltern beste Grüße! …

Someone asks his friend why he forgot his sister’s birthday. He himself started to teach again at school.

Comment

Thanks Gerdan!
      I got another one.. I´m trying to find out which kompanie this is.
      Its a kompanie with number 57 in the 6.Panzer-Division.
      Could be some sort of temporary kompanie.. and it might have to do something with Artillerie/Panzer/SFL.

Can anyone help me with the name of the Hauptmann and the first letter before the words ".-Komp.57 /6.Pz.Div." ??

Photo:
      Attached Files
      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

# 3114

There are only two letters possible before “-Komp. 57”, either “I” or “S”. I would like to think it is “S” for Sanitätskompanie. If “I”, it means Instandsetzungskompanie, which I could not find here:
        http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...Einheiten6.htm

Commander of 1/57 was Hauptmann Hans Schomburg, but I don’t think it his signature.

Trebes

Comment

Dear Trebes:

Thanks so much for the hard work!

It’s always interesting to hear the story from people who live in that period.

Well… I did use Google Translation to English and Chinese, although the result look a bit funny, but still understandable.

The Boy story is interesting! Never knew the children in that period also collecting “Wehrmacht” image like us today.

If you gents don’t mind to assist me again, I still have few more postcards need to be translate.

Appreciate

Best Regards

Joe

Comment

Can anyone decipher the name of this fellow. I can read "Maschinenmaaten" but after that I need help.

Thanks for any help.
            Richard
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RichardT View Post
              Can anyone decipher the name of this fellow. I can read "Maschinenmaaten" but after that I need help.

Thanks for any help.
              Richard
              Could be Erich Emmerich.

Hank
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Trebes View Post
                # 3114

There are only two letters possible before “-Komp. 57”, either “I” or “S”. I would like to think it is “S” for Sanitätskompanie. If “I”, it means Instandsetzungskompanie, which I could not find here:
                http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...Einheiten6.htm

Commander of 1/57 was Hauptmann Hans Schomburg, but I don’t think it his signature.

Trebes
                Thanks
                I´ve send you a PM with a question.
                Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

What could be the name of the Hauptmann in the signature of #3114 ??

Comment

Can anybody help me with these please?

Comment

another one

Comment

Last one

Thanks for your help

Comment

3121 looks like: Ubergang von .... uber die Grenze
                          3122: not sure, top line includes ...vom Stalingrad, wo im...
                          the bottom line includes: ...Im Wolga zu sehen ist.
                          3123 could be: Sud... von Stalingrad
                          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

some words to add:

# 3122

"...Stadteil von Stalingrad wo im Hintergrund die Wolga zu sehen ist" - district of Stalingrad where you can see the Wolga in the background

# 3123

"Südteil von Stalingrad" - south part of Stalingrad

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks Hank and Gerdan

I hope anybody can also read the river name in first picture

Comment

# 3123

I think it is "Südteil von Stalingrad" - south part of Stalingrad

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 52 users online. 0 members and 52 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X