Himmler Medal Bar in wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sftrooper86 View Post
    I believe the Reichsfuhrer could wear anything he wanted with no opposition.
    Well, he couldn't do that.

But he had a whole host of foreign (Italian, Spanish etc.) orders and decorations that he wore only on 'diplomatic' occasions.

He was considered for the German Order, but didn't receive it due to his falling from favour in the final months.

Guderian says in his memoirs that it was Himmler's great ambition to win the Knight's Cross when he was commander of the Army Groups on the Rhine and Vistula at the end of the war.

Suprisingly, he never received the KVK............although most of his police generals did.

It is recorded that Himmler got a great 'kick' out of presenting military combat decorations like the CCC in Gold................I think he considered himself to be the giver, rather than the receiver, of decorations. A bit like a 'Fuehrer-in-Waiting'.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
      Well, he couldn't do that.

But he had a whole host of foreign (Italian, Spanish etc.) orders and decorations that he wore only on 'diplomatic' occasions.

He was considered for the German Order, but didn't receive it due to his falling from favour in the final months.

Guderian says in his memoirs that it was Himmler's great ambition to win the Knight's Cross when he was commander of the Army Groups on the Rhine and Vistula at the end of the war.

Suprisingly, he never received the KVK............although most of his police generals did.

It is recorded that Himmler got a great 'kick' out of presenting military combat decorations like the CCC in Gold................I think he considered himself to be the giver, rather than the receiver, of decorations. A bit like a 'Fuehrer-in-Waiting'.

Apparently when the Allies opened Himmler's safe they found inside the German Order and the Iron Cross 2nd Class....two of the awards he most covetted but was never awarded/earned! How true this is i don't know, but read it somewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by sftrooper86 View Post
        Hi Pierce,

Do you have an official listing of his awards. If so please post it. I believe the Reichsfuhrer could wear anything he wanted with no opposition. You are correct. The Olympic medal and the Social Welfare medal definitly do not belong on the medal bar and will be removed....bring us back to the photo of the captured medal bar being the only medals that should be on it are!

Now we are getting somewhere! Thanks Guys,
        Vince

Thanks,
        Vince
        Vince, got a listing of Himmler's awards, hope this is useful to you!
        Best regards
        Pierce

Himmler's awards list :

- Kriegsdenkmünze 1914/18 des Kyffhäuser-Bundes (18 mars 1922),
        - Deutsche Ehrendenkmünze des Weltkrieges am Schwarzweissroten Bande (20 décembre 1922),
        - SS Zivilabzeichen Nr 2,
        - Nürnberger Parteiabzeichen 1929,
        - Braunschweig 1931 Teilnehmerabzeichen,
        - Goldenes Parteiabzeichen (1934),
        - Blut Orden Nr 3 (11 juin 1934),
        - Julleuchter d. SS (16 décembre 1935),
        - SA Sportabzeichen in Bronze,
        - DRL Sportabzeichen in Bronze,
        - Deutsche Olympia Ehrenzeichen 1. kl (1936),
        - Cavaliere di Gran Croce dell’Ordine della Corona d’Italia (20 avril 1937),
        - Luftschutz Ehrenzeichen 1. kl (1938),
        - Cavaliere di Gran Croce dell’Ordine dei Santi Maurizio e. Lazzaro (18 octobre 1938),
        - Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13 März 1938,
        - Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1 Oktober 1938 mit Spange «Prager Burg»,
        - SS Dienstauszeichnung 12 jahr (1939),
        - Medaille zur Erinnerung an den Heimkehr des Memellandes (20 mars 1939),
        - Grosskreuz d. Spanischen Ordens von Joch u. dem Pfeilen (mai 1939),
        - Westwall (1939),
        - Goldene Plakette des Deutschen Ausland-Instituts (7 octobre 1940),
        - Ehrenplakette für die Mitglieder des Reichs-Kultur-Senats,
        - Goldenes HJ Ehrenzeichen mit Eichenlaub,
        - Gemeinsames Flugzeugführer und Beobachterabzeichen in Gold mit Brillanten (juillet 1942),
        - Grosskreuz Finnische Orden des Freiheitskreuz mit Schwertern (30 juillet1942),
        - Grosskreuz Finnische Orden von d. weissen Rose Finnlands (1942),
        - Grosskreuz Slowakische Orden d. Fürsten Pribina (mars 1943),
        - Grosskreuz des Kroatische des Orden d. Krone König Zvonimirs mit Eichenlaub (mai 1943),
        - Gau Ehrenzeichen Wartheland (24 octobre 1943),
        - Cavaliere di Gran Croce dell’Ordine Militare di Savoia,
        - Großkreuz des Ordens d. Krone von Jugoslawien,
        - Dienstauszeichnung d. NSDAP in Silber.

Comment

Originally posted by luftkreig View Post
          Vince, got a listing of Himmler's awards, hope this is useful to you!
          Best regards
          Pierce

Himmler's awards list :

- Kriegsdenkmünze 1914/18 des Kyffhäuser-Bundes (18 mars 1922),
          - Deutsche Ehrendenkmünze des Weltkrieges am Schwarzweissroten Bande (20 décembre 1922),
          - SS Zivilabzeichen Nr 2,
          - Nürnberger Parteiabzeichen 1929,
          - Braunschweig 1931 Teilnehmerabzeichen,
          - Goldenes Parteiabzeichen (1934),
          - Blut Orden Nr 3 (11 juin 1934),
          - Julleuchter d. SS (16 décembre 1935),
          - SA Sportabzeichen in Bronze,
          - DRL Sportabzeichen in Bronze,
          - Deutsche Olympia Ehrenzeichen 1. kl (1936),
          - Cavaliere di Gran Croce dell’Ordine della Corona d’Italia (20 avril 1937),
          - Luftschutz Ehrenzeichen 1. kl (1938),
          - Cavaliere di Gran Croce dell’Ordine dei Santi Maurizio e. Lazzaro (18 octobre 1938),
          - Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13 März 1938,
          - Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1 Oktober 1938 mit Spange «Prager Burg»,
          - SS Dienstauszeichnung 12 jahr (1939),
          - Medaille zur Erinnerung an den Heimkehr des Memellandes (20 mars 1939),
          - Grosskreuz d. Spanischen Ordens von Joch u. dem Pfeilen (mai 1939),
          - Westwall (1939),
          - Goldene Plakette des Deutschen Ausland-Instituts (7 octobre 1940),
          - Ehrenplakette für die Mitglieder des Reichs-Kultur-Senats,
          - Goldenes HJ Ehrenzeichen mit Eichenlaub,
          - Gemeinsames Flugzeugführer und Beobachterabzeichen in Gold mit Brillanten (juillet 1942),
          - Grosskreuz Finnische Orden des Freiheitskreuz mit Schwertern (30 juillet1942),
          - Grosskreuz Finnische Orden von d. weissen Rose Finnlands (1942),
          - Grosskreuz Slowakische Orden d. Fürsten Pribina (mars 1943),
          - Grosskreuz des Kroatische des Orden d. Krone König Zvonimirs mit Eichenlaub (mai 1943),
          - Gau Ehrenzeichen Wartheland (24 octobre 1943),
          - Cavaliere di Gran Croce dell’Ordine Militare di Savoia,
          - Großkreuz des Ordens d. Krone von Jugoslawien,
          - Dienstauszeichnung d. NSDAP in Silber.

Excellent many thanks Pierce,
          Vince

Comment

A couple more photos of Himmler wearing his medal bar, in colour. Not the best photos, but i think you might be able to buy enlargements:

http://www.timelifepictures.com/sour...50714958&cdi=0

http://www.timelifepictures.com/sour...50714963&cdi=0

Comment

Originally posted by LDR View Post
              A couple more photos of Himmler wearing his medal bar, in colour. Not the best photos, but i think you might be able to buy enlargements:

http://www.timelifepictures.com/sour...50714958&cdi=0

http://www.timelifepictures.com/sour...50714963&cdi=0
              Not bad LDR....My God Goebbels was small!!

Comment

Originally posted by luftkreig View Post
                My God Goebbels was small!!
                If you think he was small, take a look at Bormann in the row behind, by von Neurath's right shoulder.

Robin,
                Great portrait of Himmler......it looks to be a compilation photo constructed from a well known Hoffmann portrait. Or do my eyes deceive me?!
                Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                  Robin,
                  Great portrait of Himmler......it looks to be a compilation photo constructed from a well known Hoffmann portrait. Or do my eyes deceive me?!
                  Max.
                  I found it on the net................looks like an untouched studio portrait to me.
                  Here's another..............
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Robin. I know that one.
                    Max.

Comment

This thread reminded me of a superb photo of Pfeffer von Salomon, Oberste SA Führer, wearing his full medal bar. Hope you don't mind me posting it here.
                      Max.
                      Attached Files

Comment

This is the Iron Cross 2nd Class removed from Himmler's safe. Sadly, as a young man, I could not afford the German Order and special 800 silver fitted SS chained honor dagger with damascus balde and dedication from Franz X. Schwartz that were also removed from the safe.

Bob Hritz
                        Attached Files
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

On the inside silk, of the upper lid, are the written initials H H.

Bob Hritz
                          Attached Files

Comment

Duplicate post/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                              On the inside silk, of the upper lid, are the written initials H H.

Bob Hritz
                              Thank you for your additions to this thread. Great stuff! Still no clear photo of Himmler wearing the longer medal bar. It has to be out there somewhere!
                              My best,
                              Vince

Comment

The photo of Himmler wearing the long medal bar was an official press release photo, so there must be more prints out there.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X