• Show
Clear All

Heini...
    Attached Files

Comment

And...
      Attached Files

Comment

Well done J C Gray!! These are excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by luftkreig View Post
          Well done J C Gray!! These are excellent!
          Yes!

You guys are the best a million thanks!
          Vince

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
            Rare shot of Himmler wearing his 12 year SS award. As a matter of fact, the only shot of a 12 year SS in wear that I can recall seeing.

Obviously, this is not his super-sized bar shown above. That probably didn't fit on his little uniform.
            Hi Curt,

Which medals besides the SS 12 year medal are being worn in this photo?
            Thanks,
            Vince

Comment

Originally posted by J C Gray View Post
              And...
              Hi JC,

Thanks,
              Vince

Comment

In the first picture that I posted it looks to me like he is wearing:-
                SS-Service Award 2nd. Grade,
                NSDAP-Sevice Award for 10 years,
                Anschluss medal,
                Czech medal with Prague Bar
                and I will put my neck out by saying the Memel Medal at the end, as he would likely have received this before his Westwall medal.
                He is also wearing his Blood Order on the right breast and a Sash order.

In my second post, only the SS-Service award is visible, so I cannot say for sure what other awards are attached to that particular bar.

In the third picture that I posted it appears at first glance that he is only wearing his SS-Service Award and his Czech Medal without Prague Bar, but, it is quite likely that the Anschluss medal is mounted between these two awards.

I wonder if Himmler would have kept getting his medals remounted as required, or would he have got an entirely new medal bar made up each time he received another award.

Comment

Just remembered about this one...you can just about make out the 12 year award...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sftrooper86 View Post
                    Hi Curt,

Thanks,
                    Vince
                    Here's a supersized shot. It looks like there are only 4 medals. This is from the summer of 1939.

I think I see the NSDAP 10. When was he awared the 15?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by CurtD; 11-06-2008, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Wasn't he also a recipient of the Air defense Cross as well looks like in the colour pic??

Comment

Originally posted by J C Gray View Post
                        This is the only one that I know of which shows his longer bar...
                        Do you have a higer res version of this?

This may be the entire medal bar except for the West Wall. I can definitely make out the SS 12, NSDAP 15, NSDAP 10, and a couple of flowers wars.
                        Attached Files

Comment

A good friend of mine owns the Himmler medal bar. I found a large original photo of Himmler wearing the exact medal bar. I gave the owner the photo for diaplay.

Bob Hritz
                          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                            A good friend of mine owns the Himmler medal bar. I found a large original photo of Himmler wearing the exact medal bar. I gave the owner the photo for diaplay.

Bob Hritz
                            Hello Mr Hritz,

Any chance your friend would be so kind as to share the photograph with us? This research project has been driving me nuts and all the fellows here have been an excellent resource for info and photos. Your friends contribution would be the crowning jewel to my research project.
                            Sincerely,
                            Vince Leone

Comment

Bob Hritz
                              Hello Mr Hritz,

Any chance your friend would be so kind as to share the photograph with us? This research project has been driving me nuts and all the fellows here have been an excellent resource for info and photos. Your friends contribution would be the crowning jewel to my research project.
                              Sincerely,
                              Vince Leone

Comment

Bob Hritz
                                And you didn't make a copy!?! It looks like the one in #26 is taking up all of his uniform. It is right up to the lapel and it looks like it is hitting his arm.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X