No announcement yet.

Himmler Medal Bar in wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cased medal bar was taken from Himmler's home and is completely original. The ribbon bar was, I believe, added later. I don't know the history of the added ribbon bar.

The owner is a very private person and collects for his own pleasure, not for anyone elses'.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
      Looks like Himmler got stuck with a fake. It happens to everyone that collects SS.
      LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
        LMAO!
        Gotta ask what does that mean, "LMAO"
        Cheers,
        Vince

Comment

Originally posted by sftrooper86 View Post
          Gotta ask what does that mean, "LMAO"
          Cheers,
          Vince
          "Laughed my arse off," I believe.

Comment

Here is another repro Himmler ribbon bar, which is currently being sold as such. This one shows the configuration that is often to be seen on pictures of Himmler wearing one of his longer, sew-on bars...
            Attached Files

Comment

I have composed the image below entirely from period illustrations to give an idea of what Himmler's Medal bar would have looked like in colour...
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by J C Gray View Post
                I have composed the image below entirely from period illustrations to give an idea of what Himmler's Medal bar would have looked like in colour...
                Well done!

Dr. Doehle would be proud of you!

Comment

Here is another repro Himmler ribbon bar, which is currently being sold as such. This one shows the configuration that is often to be seen on pictures of Himmler wearing one of his longer, sew-on bars...
                  Spot the mistake!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Yes, I own that ribbon bar and had a metal bar made to match with the addition of the Luftschutz Cross, First Class which he was awarded. (see below) That is what started this whole thread. Still have no clear pic of Himmler wearing any long medal bar! Just cant believe we cannot find one.
                    Cheers,
                    Vince

Comment

Hello,

Yes, I own that ribbon bar and had a metal bar made to match with the addition of the Luftschutz Cross, First Class which he was awarded. (see below) That is what started this whole thread. Still have no clear pic of Himmler wearing any long medal bar! Just cant believe we cannot find one.
                      Cheers,
                      Vince

I am afraid this medal bar is a bit in-accurate....Himmler was not awarded the Olympic Games Medal or the Social Welfare Medal but the Neck Decorations. He also did not waer the Luftshutz Decoration on his medal bar...dont know why though!
                      Best regards
                      Pierce

Comment

Originally posted by luftkreig View Post
                        Himmler was not awarded the Olympic Games Medal or the Social Welfare Medal but the Neck Decorations.
                        Korrekt!

That's the error I was pointing out above...............the SW ribbon on that repro bar should have the wreathed swastika on it (signifying the neck decoration), not the little 'Red Cross' medal.

Comment

I am afraid this medal bar is a bit in-accurate....Himmler was not awarded the Olympic Games Medal or the Social Welfare Medal but the Neck Decorations. He also did not waer the Luftshutz Decoration on his medal bar...dont know why though!
                          Best regards
                          Pierce
                          Hi Pierce,

Do you have an official listing of his awards. If so please post it. I believe the Reichsfuhrer could wear anything he wanted with no opposition. You are correct. The Olympic medal and the Social Welfare medal definitly do not belong on the medal bar and will be removed....bring us back to the photo of the captured medal bar being the only medals that should be on it are!

Now we are getting somewhere! Thanks Guys,
                          Vince

Thanks,
                          Vince
                          Last edited by old siagon; 11-08-2008, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Hi Pierce,

Do you have an official listing of his awards. If so please post it. I believe the Reichsfuhrer could wear anything he wanted with no opposition. You are correct. The Olympic medal and the Social Welfare medal definitly do not belong on the medal bar and will be removed....bring us back to the photo of the captured medal bar being the only medals that should be on it are!

Now we are getting somewhere! Thanks Guys,
                            Vince

Thanks,
                            Vince
                            Hi Vince,

I have no official listing im afraid, just what my reseach has shown me. The bar pictures in the black and white photo was the medal bar Himmler wore, there are no others that i know of! It is the bar he wore and if you are going to be recreating his bar, these are the medals ou should put on it. His ribbon abr is antother story though as he seemed to have at least 2 different ones.

Best regards
                            Pierce

Comment

Hi Vince,

I have no official listing im afraid, just what my reseach has shown me. The bar pictures in the black and white photo was the medal bar Himmler wore, there are no others that i know of! It is the bar he wore and if you are going to be recreating his bar, these are the medals ou should put on it. His ribbon abr is antother story though as he seemed to have at least 2 different ones.

Best regards
                              Pierce
                              Thank you Sir,
                              Will do!
                              Vince

Comment

Thank you Sir,
                                Will do!
                                Vince
                                Not a problem Vince!
                                Best regards
                                Pierce

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X