• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great photos....

Comment

Originally posted by chainsawrich View Post
      Great photos....
      Thanks! Here's an interesting group shot, by some sort of monument. I hope someone can ID this location. This oneis signed by all eight people in the picture. P/C format, Agfa paper, removed from an album.
      Attached Files

Comment

photo 35

the photo 35 shows a km wedding

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campell View Post
          some sort of monument.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermannsdenkmal

gk

Comment

Originally posted by abigor View Post
            the photo 35 shows a km wedding
            I stand corrected. I thought it might be, but couldn't quite tell. What is the medal he is wearing? What about that hat?

Comment

Originally posted by grobkörnig View Post

Thanks for that link. It's nice to know about the items in your collection as much as possible.

Comment

I just picked up a new scanner and will have to figure out how to use it. Here's my first scan. It shows three Heer soldiers, officers I guess. There's a few nice badges in wear here also. The first guy has the PAB, Wound Badge and DRL Sports badge. The second guy has a PAB and a shooting lanyard and the third guy on the right has a wound badge.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campell View Post
                  It shows three Heer soldiers, officers I guess.
                  Left we have a Gefreiter (EM), and on the right two Unteroffiziere (NCO).

Comment

Originally posted by Tim De Craene View Post
                    Left we have a Gefreiter (EM), and on the right two Unteroffiziere (NCO).
                    Thanks Tim.

Comment

Here's what I guess is a family shot. Shows a Heer member and a DRK nurse. On Voigtlander paper, with writing on the back, dated November 14, 1942.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here's a neat one. It shows some HJ members and the girls equivilent, BDM I believe. Looks like there's a party member to the left. Cool photo. P/C format on Mimosa paper.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here's a goodie. It may be pre war and has the look of some of my earlier WW1 photos. I guess it's a member of a Veteran's organization.He has a steel helmet pin on his visor. His son is also wearing a uniform, not sure what type. Is that a WW1 EM visor? Great shot for sure. It's on Ergo paper, which is a new one for me. P/C format.
                          Attached Files

Comment

An interesting one here.Looks to be a Luft guy just getting out of the hospital. As you can see, he only has one leg, yet he seems happy. Guess it was better than many of his comrades made out. It's on Agfa paper with writing on the back. It's dated the 17th of some month in 1945. looks like July, but that's post war. Guess it could have happened. P/C format also, so this was taken and sent as a postcard. Interesting.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I posted this one in another thread, but here it is agian, a young looking Heer soldier, just a boy really by the looks of him.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I thought this was a Tr era band photo but upon further review, it appears to be an interwar period shot.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X