My TR Portrait Postcard Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My TR Portrait Postcard Collection

I have been collecting portrait postcards for a couple of years now and enjoy this segment of the hobby as much or more than my Iron Crosses. I collect from both wars and concentrate on postcard size private portraits. My collection has single portraits, families, weddings etc. I love these photos as they can give you a glimpse back in time that no other collectable gives. I often wonder what happen to the people in the photos. I am going to start a running thread and add my items a few at a time, as this will take a while. I will attempt to describe the contents as accuratly as possible, but if I make a mistake feel free to correct or expound on my information. As I stated before, these are mostly postcard size. Hopefully someone will enjoy my items.

I'll start with what appears to be a mountain trooper in a winter anorak. Slightly larger than postcard size on Mimosa "Carbon Braun" paper. Not an actual postcard by the looks of the back.
    Attached Files

Here's a nice Heer steel helmet portrait showing a just awarded EK2 and the SA Sports badge. Postcard size, with "Carte Postale" on the reverse. I'm assuming this is a portrait that was done in occupied France. Am I right?
    Attached Files

Comment

Female RAD member. Single female portraits are not that easy to find. This one is on Mimosa paper, postcard format.
      Attached Files

Comment

A nice LW portrait showing some type of flight helmet. Is it a summer flight helmet or glider helmet? Another Carte Postale on Kodak paper.
        Attached Files

Comment

Another nice Heer steel helmet portrait. This one looks great in hand. It has nothing on the back.
          Attached Files

Comment

A great looking SA portrait. There's a party badge and what appears to be some kind of badge or tinnie. Mimosa paper in postcard format.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's an interesting one of the local postman. Even this service was using Third Reich symbols. This one is Mimosa paper in postcard format with a studio stamp "Foto debm, Saarbrucker'
              Attached Files

Comment

Another non military service. This one is railway, a bit smaller in length than a postcard. He looks to be wearinga party badge and an SA Sports badge. Nothing on the reverse exept a serial number of some sort 000043.
                Attached Files

Comment

A civilian portrait showing at least two Hitler Youth badges. Postcard format with a studio stamp I cannot read.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another nice political SA portrait. Some slight water damage and faded. Still shows a Stahlhelm badge from 1924, which you don't always see. Nothing on the rear.
                    Attached Files

Comment

A nice LW pilot in flight gear. These are always nice shots. Postcard format with nothing on the back, but with a studio stamp embossed in.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Amazing shot of a shop of some sort. Not sure if this stuff is for sale or just a show of support for the government. Going to be hard too say you never supported the regime when this picture appears later! Postcard format.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Last one for now. A very nice portrait of what is said to be a Bavarian Policeman. The look of this one reminds me of the Imperial portraits I have. Maybe an early shot. Postcard format on Mimosa paper. Studio stamp "Photo-Ateller Karl Dohn, munchen, loristr. 80
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here's a Heer portrait smoking a jaunty pipe! I thought this one was great. Mimosa paper in postcard format although larger than the average size.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Another HJ shot, although this one is smaller than a postcard.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X