My TR Portrait Postcard Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve Campell View Post
    the guy in flight gear. This one is signed on the front by the individual I assume and dated 1943. The last name appears to be Reidor.
    Uffz. H. Reida

gk

Comment

Originally posted by grobkörnig View Post
      Uffz. H. Reida

gk
      Wow, that's the exact name that's signed on the front! How did you know? Is this someone well known, or do you have some rolls you researced? I'd like to know more. Thanks, Steve

Comment

I'd say it's just readable from the scan for someone with an experienced eye.
        Ferrania is indeed an Italian photo branch. It's perfectly original and still exists today in the place with the same name.

Originally posted by Steve Campell View Post
        Wow, that's the exact name that's signed on the front! How did you know? Is this someone well known, or do you have some rolls you researced? I'd like to know more. Thanks, Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Tim De Craene View Post
          I'd say it's just readable from the scan for someone with an experienced eye.
          Ferrania is indeed an Italian photo branch. It's perfectly original and still exists today in the place with the same name.
          Yes Tim, I never thought they actually read the inscription, but at least I know. Not good at reading German.

Comment

Well, it seems there is a call for wedding portraits. I have a good few of these too. The first is a nice one, with a nice bride. Is that an army uniform? The medal looks like one of the Army long service awards on a parade mount. As for that foppish hat, is that military issue? P/C format with studio stamp "Photo Strebel" Dusseldorf.
            Attached Files

Comment

What appears to be an SA wedding. Nice studio portrait. Mimosa paper, P/C format with studio stamp, 'Photo-Kurth, Munchen. You even get a phone number 91388!
              Attached Files

Comment

A nice LW wedding showing the Flak Badge in wear. Nothing on the reverse. Embossed with Adolph Richler Leipzig-Lindenau.
                Attached Files

Comment

Very nice collection, thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Originally posted by clevischi View Post
                    Very nice collection, thanks for sharing it.
                    Thanks, I've been waiting awhile to post these. Here's another wedding shot. Heer uniform showing an EK2 ribbon, Wound Badge, Infantry Assualt Badge, and what maybe a DRL sports badge. Nice awards. Nothing on the back except some handwriting
                    Attached Files

Comment

Another Army portrait showing a medal bar with EK2 and West Wall medal, maybe from former RAD service. There is another badge there too, I believe it's HJ. Nothing on the back. P/C format.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here's an interesting one. It's a group shot, that includes a picklehaube in wear and what appears to be a LW insignia on some sort of cape. This picture is a little glossier than normal. It's in P/C format on Agfa paper.
                        Attached Files

Comment

This was one of my early pickups, as was the one above. A great KM wedding showing the minesweeper badge in wear. I really like the uniform in this one. P/C format on Voigtlander paper.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The badge in #40 is the HJ Leistungsabzeichen.
                            The man with Pickelhaube in #41 may even be a General ?

Comment

Steve,

Great Portrait collection...Thanks for sharing it with us - Bill

Comment

Ok, back with some more. here's a LW wedding showing a few badges too. I see an EK1 and a ribbon bar. The LW badges I'm not sure about. Is the bottom one an Air Gunner/Radio Operator? Is the other one some sort of clasp? This one is on Voigtlander paper in P/C format.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X