No announcement yet.

My TR Portrait Postcard Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice portrait collection. I especially like the flight portraits.
    By the way, the flight helmets are the summer type LKpS101.

Regards
    Andreas
    Looking for luftwaffe pilot/aircrew portrait photos with flight equipment.

Comment

Excellent portraits Steve, thanks for sharing and hope to see more of your collection in this thread.
      I like collecting these as well but have limited myself to studio family portraits.
      The "Carte Postale" photos are indeed taken in France. Probably in july 1940 when many thousands EK's of the Western campaigns were awarded

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas Nilsson View Post
        Very nice portrait collection. I especially like the flight portraits.
        By the way, the flight helmets are the summer type LKpS101.

Regards
        Andreas
        Thanks for the info. I hope to get more details like this as I continue to post.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim De Craene View Post
          Excellent portraits Steve, thanks for sharing and hope to see more of your collection in this thread.
          I like collecting these as well but have limited myself to studio family portraits.
          The "Carte Postale" photos are indeed taken in France. Probably in july 1940 when many thousands EK's of the Western campaigns were awarded
          Thanks Tim. I may have picked a few up off of you in the past. I have many more to post and will make this an ongoing project. I also collect family and wedding shots and will be posting them also. I also have a nice collection of Imperial postcard portraits, including studio family shots, field gear portraits etc. I am going to post a seperate thread of these. Would this be the best forum for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campell View Post
            Thanks Tim. I may have picked a few up off of you in the past. I have many more to post and will make this an ongoing project. I also collect family and wedding shots and will be posting them also. I also have a nice collection of Imperial postcard portraits, including studio family shots, field gear portraits etc. I am going to post a seperate thread of these. Would this be the best forum for that?
            Hi Steve. Yes, there may be a few coming from Belgium, though probably not the nicest ones
            I don't think the Imperial photos fit in / are allowed here, there's another forum on the WAF for Imperial stuff.
            As for the Third Reich family portraits, feel free to add them in your own thread here or in my thread about family portraits:
            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=221816
            After one year it's time to add some new additions of myself as well there soon.

Comment

Ok I'll look to post my Imperial portraits elsewhere, although it's this forums loss, because I have some juicy ones, and I feel that anyone who frequents this forum would like these photos too.

In the meantime, here's a LW portrait in what looks to be a tropical or desert uniform.. There is some writing on the back and it appears to be dated 24, 10, 43. It's on Ferrania paper. Sounds Italian. Postcard format.
              Attached Files

Comment

I've got a number of KM portraits, but this is one of my favorites. It has a real old look to it. The sailor looks a bit older than many of the others I have. Postcard format on Kodak paper.
                Attached Files

Comment

Another nice Army steel helmet portrait. This one features a transitional helmet. Mimosa paper in P/C format.
                  Attached Files

Comment

A police portrait. P/C format with some sort of symbol on the rear, like a clubs in a deck of cards.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here's one that for some reasson gives me a good chuckle. Looks like two brothers. Army and civilian. Studio stamp and embossed.
                      Attached Files

Comment

great photos steve , thanks for posting , i also like to collect the period pictures weddings etc it gives you a real feel of the history, by the way the shop pictures is just great .....steve

Comment

Originally posted by zander View Post
                          great photos steve , thanks for posting , i also like to collect the period pictures weddings etc it gives you a real feel of the history, by the way the shop pictures is just great .....steve
                          Thanks. Yes that shop photo is a keeper. I'll post some wedding shots soon.

Comment

I also like groups from the same soldier and here's a cool three piece LW group. It shows the same soldier in three different uniforms and headgear. An overseas cap, a visor cap and some flight gear. Shows the progression of his career.

Here's the overseas cap. It only has some writing on the back. The writing is the same as the one with the visor cap. It's the same handwriting and the same phrase.
                            Attached Files

Comment

The second one from the lot, showing the visorcap. This has the same phrase written on the back as the one above. It's on Voigtlander paper and has the postcard grapics on the back. Also hand dated 6.3.44.
                              Attached Files

Comment

The third and final one from this group, showing the guy in flight gear. This one is signed on the front by the individual I assume and dated 1943. The last name appears to be Reidor. It's in the P/C format and has a studio stamp on the rear. Also appears to have the same signiture on the rear as the other two, along with a diffrent message. Also handdated 1943. The studio stamp is "Curt Groger" along with the address of the studio.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X