No announcement yet.

My TR Portrait Postcard Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another graet Hitler Youth shot, this one is Marine HJ I believe. Not seen often. Postcard format.
    Attached Files

Comment

Another postcard size HJ shot. Just a young kid, looks to be at a zoo or farm. Cool shot.
      Attached Files

Comment

Yet another HJ themed shot. Young boy in HJ uniform on the street with most likely his mother. I like this one. Postcard format.
        Attached Files

Comment

I picked this up off the Estand, and it's quite nice. The shot itself is a studio portrait of a soldier in full field gear. The thing is, I don't remember seeing too many of these in this style from WW2. I have a pile of formal studio shots of soldiers in full combat gear from WW1, but they don't seem to be very common in the WW2 era. I wonder why. This is the only one I have run across. This one is nice even if it was common.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's another Estand buy. It's a railway guy holding a rifle, I'm guessing K98. probably not that common due to the rifle. I liked it when I saw it, so here it is.
            Attached Files

Comment

You have some great portraits there>
              #72 shows a pre 1933 Stahlhel member and his family. His son is in the Jungsta-
              #95 is also owned I thought by Bill petz and is in the wedding photo thread.
              That Train portrait is great.

Comment

Thanks for all of these!
                I particularly like the wedding scenes as you can see so many different awards, daggers etc....my favourite is the wedding scene that shows a Luftwaffe Officers cape in wear. Quite rare, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh View Post
                  You have some great portraits there>
                  #72 shows a pre 1933 Stahlhel member and his family. His son is in the Jungsta-
                  #95 is also owned I thought by Bill petz and is in the wedding photo thread.
                  That Train portrait is great.
                  Thanks guys. I love collecting these portraits. I will have to check that thread to see if he has the same shot. These are mostly postcard portraits, so duplicates were made and do exist. I have picked up a duplicate from two different sellers who were in diffrent countries.

Comment

I found that wedding thread and found the photo. It was posted my member fknor, whom I'm pretty sure I bought it from. I beieve he sold off much of his collection. I know I bought a good few from him. I also have the KM one right under it. Here's the link.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=56562&page=23

Comment

Lucky man. I originally bid on that one many years ago.
                      By the way-see the contemporary error in #117?
                      If you ever want to sell #50, let me know ...and the railroad men as well.

You have some very good Pcs there. I am jealous.

Comment

Lucky man. I originally bid on that one many years ago.
                        By the way-see the contemporary error in #117?
                        If you ever want to sell #50, let me know ...and the railroad men as well.

You have some very good Pcs there. I am jealous.
                        Small world isn't it. I really appreciate the comments from other collectors on my portraits. I have many more that I will be posting, plus a decent collection of Imperial shots I will have to start a thread on too. I really like shot #50. Can you tell me more about it or why you like it so much? As for #117, is it his ribbon bar? It looks like the EK2 is to the right of the other ribbon, maybe a Eastern Front medal? This is wrong I believe? Am I right?

Comment

well, I like #50 because it is a classic navy officer picture, with the EK2, HK,HKx,LS,LS ribbon bar.

Yup, #117 has the ribbon bar upside down (backwards)

Comment

well, I like #50 because it is a classic navy officer picture, with the EK2, HK,HKx,LS,LS ribbon bar.

Yup, #117 has the ribbon bar upside down (backwards)
                            Damm I'm good!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Campbell View Post
                              Damm I'm good!
                              yup-you are....

but, do you know which photo is the rarest?

Comment

yup-you are....

but, do you know which photo is the rarest?
                                Haha! I'm not sure which one would be the rarest. I thought I had posted my Postal Police Protection Unit graduating class portrait, but it's not in this thread. That may be my rarest because it's an obscure unit. Other than that, would it be the winter anorak mountain trooper in post #1? My RK portrait? Maybe the sub badge. Tell me please.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X