No announcement yet.

War -time Bohemia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Petr, this thread is one of the very best on the whole forum. It is truly ground breaking stuff with those shots of that camo in wear. You have been very kind to share those images with us all.

Thank you very much!

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I do not understand to people, who are not willing to show their pictures and not only pictures to another ones,if nothing more you can learn more infos about things you would not notice...This great forum is mainly SHARE forum !I would not have shown these shots if I had not wanted,but why?

Comment

These two next shots are most precious for me as they were taken in our small town,you can see our local school ,where I spent 5 years of attending (during the 70´s ). During WW II WH dwelled at this school and W SS at local castle.
        Hardly anything has changed on this school building.I remember we had a Civil protection room there as every school here and it was full of orig.german gas masks in canisters.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Beautiful history in images. Outstanding, no doubt

Petr, do you have picture with Americans in Czechoslovakia ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlau View Post
                Beautiful history in images. Outstanding, no doubt

Petr, do you have picture with Americans in Czechoslovakia ?
                Mate,
                Americans do not interest me ,nothing personal - just ordinary uniforms in comparison with Germans,there are hundreds of shots showing US army here.Even some movies in DVD formats never seen befoge,you have to have a friend on the right places ,you know what I mean..

Comment

Originally posted by Petr View Post
                  Tan sidecap?Did theycome from southern from?
                  I remember reading somewhere (Internet, sorry, can't remember where) that there were large stocks of German tropical uniforms in Czechoslovakia in 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert93 View Post
                    I remember reading somewhere (Internet, sorry, can't remember where) that there were large stocks of German tropical uniforms in Czechoslovakia in 1945.
                    Yes,most easily obtainable G.uniform was trop one here in CZ.Whole police units wore them right after the war. When I speak to old people who served in army up to 1950 they say we used tan german uniforms as working garment..So that appears to be true.When our local SS unit left their garrison locals went there and took anything they wanted.On of my customers told me he was there right after war.There was a big depot in the cellar with wooden shelves full of green uniforms, helmets,boots etc.What happened to this stuff he does not know.Next village lives a very old lady,who was a cook for SS oficers in their dining-room so I plane to talk to her very soon..
                    Every small town had its own German unit in during war here in CZ.So you can imagine what left here when 1200000 Germans had surrendered here. Most of them commanded Ferdinad Schorner..

Comment

Most other people dont even want to share their mostly ordinary and boring pictures but you show us some of the best pictures I've ever seen - Thank you so much !

Comment

W SS taken prison by local partisans at near by village.I cant work out the reason of their other way out caps. Common combination M 43 HBT pants and wrapper?

Comment

Last edited by Petr; 07-08-2008, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Petr; 07-08-2008, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Petr View Post
                              W SS taken prison by local partisans at near by village.I cant work out the reason of their other way out caps. Common combination M 43 HBT pants and wrapper?
                              IMO they play big man and make fun of them, typical "postwar heroes", the type of guys that shaved the "nazi brides" heads when the nazis were gone.

Great pics, thanks a lot, Petr!

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Near by village..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 28 users online. 0 members and 28 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X