Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Giving him something to eat for his journey to home..

Comment

Comment

The best shot of rare Leibermuster camo worn from my collection . Clearly visible WH eagle on one twopocket jacket.Any comments welcome.
            Enjoy

Comment

Comment

The officer in the center foreground (note riding breeches and double claw buckle belt)
                appears to be wearing a Liebermuster M44 jacket with Heer breast eagle!
                No doubt now that these are all Heer troops in this sequence of surrender photographs
                with Leibermuster camo!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NickG; 06-19-2008, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Breathtaking!! "Leibermuster" research just took a quantum leap!

all we need now is a box full of colour slides from the same photographer....

Comment

Who are the people disarming these germans?

Comment

A very exciting group of photographs, worth of being included a textbook. Thank you for sharing.

Frank

Comment

Thanks!! and Jaeger badge

Thanks Petr for posting these!

In case no one noticed: the soldier leaning on the roof of the driver's cab in the picture posted here seems to be wearing a Jaeger badge on his Einheitsfeldmuetze (although I cannot tell if it is a Gebirgsjaeger, Jaeger or Skijaeger badge).

Petr, would you happen to know what the fate of these German soldiers was?

Comment

Originally posted by rexmundi View Post
                          Who are the people disarming these germans?
                          They are Czechs (police-Gendarme)
                          Last edited by NickG; 06-20-2008, 04:40 PM.

Comment

these are fantastic!!! where did you get them and are there any more!!

Comment

[
                              Last edited by Petr; 07-08-2008, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert93 View Post
                                Thanks Petr for posting these!

In case no one noticed: the soldier leaning on the roof of the driver's cab in the picture posted here seems to be wearing a Jaeger badge on his Einheitsfeldmuetze (although I cannot tell if it is a Gebirgsjaeger, Jaeger or Skijaeger badge).

Petr, would you happen to know what the fate of these German soldiers was?
                                Well,if i am informed well,there were two ways: disarming,collecting them in some places and waiting till Russians taken them -this was bad for them and second way disarming them and leave them to go to the West of Bohemia near my house where demarcation line was,this way was good for them as they wanted to be POW of US Army,but there were cases when americans gave them back to the Russians and God with them.Many of them were killed by Czech on their way to surrender to US Army.I do not blame them for it...there were cases near my town when surrending SS groups hurrying to demarcation line killed many peoples just watching them -it upsets a much..
                                15km from my house were a camp with 50 000 SS soldiers guarding by US Army-uniforms and equipment was thrown in the heaps and burned..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X