War -time Bohemia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jägermeister View Post
    These are really breath-taking images as a part from my own family was forced to leave by czech commies after the war.

I would really like to know, where these images had been taken. It must have looked liked this. Was it near Usti-nad-labem (Aussig) ?

Absolut unbelievable, these pictures are a rare view in the life of my family. Even if it was not near Aussig, it must have looked the same,
    my grandmother told me when I was a kid, but I never thought to see pics.

I am really fascinated and can´t look enough at the pics!

Thank you very much for posting - if you have other pics from this series, it would be of greatest interest for me!!
    This small town is called HRONOV / HRONOW ,northeast Bohemia,near polish border.

Comment

Waiting for a souvenir to buy?

Comment

Originally posted by hoover View Post
        Hi!

One of the soldiers is wearing a Skijäger-Badge on his Einheitsfeldmütze.
        Is the unit known of the soldiers? The 1. Skijägerdivision retreated through the area and was captured by Czech militia and handed over to the Russians.
        Hoover, you probably mean this picture. I wasn't absolutely sure that the badge is a Skijäger badge - any chance of getting this particular picture in a better resolution?

Petr, thanks for telling us the name of the town!

Comment

Originally posted by Albert93 View Post
          Hoover, you probably mean this picture. I wasn't absolutely sure that the badge is a Skijäger badge - any chance of getting this particular picture in a better resolution?

Petr, thanks for telling us the name of the town!
          Albert,sorry no better resolution possible...

Comment

Yes, that is the pic.

Currently I am searching my lists for the units in that area in Maa 1945.

101. Jäger, 1. Sjijäger could be possible. The 101. Jäger is said te be equipped with Leibermuster a long time ago here on this forum.

Comment

Outstanding images Petr! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Really amazing shots. One wonders what uncertain fate awaited these soldiers.

Comment

Breathtaking images. I think the collector world have waited decennia for pictures like this, Thank you so much!

Best wishes from Holland

Karel

Comment

Does anyone knows where the Leibermuster items were produced and when the German units were issued them?

Comment

I didnot expect such big interest..It gives me a power for a DIFFICULT obtaining another shots from May 45 in CZ..I managed to get some more shots from this town,rather to feel an atmosphere in those days...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Got info most of these mixed units came from Poland

Comment

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X