• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 19 - 3
    Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic additions Bill!

In post #1304 - 3 or 4 seem to have dark collars on their (Luftwaffe? RAD ??) greatcoats.

Comment

May 19 - 4
        Attached Files

Comment

May 19 - 5
          Attached Files

Comment

May 19 - 6
            Attached Files

Comment

May 19 - 7
              Attached Files

Comment

May 19 - 8
                Attached Files

Comment

Hg

Attached Files

Comment

Petrus....Very nice HG CT Tropical Portrait!! Got one almost like it on the way to me...it just went through customs NYC.
                    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Petrus View Post
                      Yes, very nice. Wondered if that was a blue tropical belt but has a slight shine so perhaps just standard black leather?

The shoulder straps might be white piped tropical, you don't see those all that often on the collector market!

Thanks for showing.

Comment

Jun 19 - 1
                        Attached Files

Comment

Jun 19 - 2
                          Attached Files

Comment

Jul 19 - 1 & 2 - I have had these two portraits of the same HG Soldier buried in my collection for some time and decided to post them.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I just received a small photo album on a HG Panzermann from a fellow WAF member. I will soon be posting a few pictures from the album. Here is one out of the album.

Jul 19 - HG Pz 1
                              Attached Files

Comment

Album is attributed to an Austrian Uffz. Franz Weinbergmair who served in Fallschirm-Panzer Regiment Herman Goering through Italy, Sicily and Russia. He bacame a POW on the eastern front by the Russians in 1945 and spent 5 years in captivity. Due to illness he suffered during his captivity he didn't grow very old. The pictures I will be posting were all taken from a family-album by the Veteran and the WAF member and placed in this small album. After his death the album was given to the former owner by the son together with his wound badge in black (denazified). Nothing else survived the war. This is all the information received but I believe there is so much history lost because I think Panzermann Weinbermair might have been in Regiment General Goring prior to the later expansions of the HG Division. The white piping around his collar in the initial portrait of him is a clue also the below photo of a Lieutnant wearing a General Goering CT and white piping around his collar is also another clue to his being a member of RGG. But of course I can only speculate.

Jul 19 - RGG/HG Pz 2
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X