Comment

HG Flak Sonderzug - 16
            Attached Files

Comment

HG Flak Sonderzug - 17
              Attached Files

Comment

An exceptional set Bill.

Everything from the wearing of shorts (#1237) to washing socks (#1240) !

Also note the prolific wearing of the cloth Flak badge (as you might expect, they have at least 9 months as Flak men and are not 'raw recruits ' for this prestigious posting), but with white piped shoulderstraps (#1244) so perhaps pre April 1943 for those pictures (with red piped collar patches I expect, though not obvious to see).

Yet also the wearing of the M43 cap in a couple of instances, perhaps late 1943 onwards for those particular pictures? (##1242 - Der Spiess, & #1249)

Note the HG cuffband is almost universally worn (sometimes missing on HG soldiers), yet no sign of the FHQ cuffband despite them being part of the Fuhrer Headquarters 'entourage' you might have thought?

Great also to see the protective overalls, goggles etc - no expense spared for these boys it would seem.

Also, no sign of ankle boots, perhaps considered a little scruffy for their prestigious role, although the date of the pictures may also be a factor there.

Once again, thanks for showing these Bill, you must be very pleased to have acquired them.
                Last edited by PaulW; 03-16-2019, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kokstok View Post
                  Hilversum, Holland.
                  An excellent photo. Note the Obergefreiter with cloth Flak badge but with white piped shoulderstraps dating the picture to pre April 1943 (although I suspect it's possible that this insignia combination was worn a little later on occasion as the new regulations 'filtered through' to the soldiers).

Also, as often seen some missing cuffbands, and at least three wearing ankle boots.

Also, some wear the fliegerbluse with open collar, some closed, and at least some without a belt.

Thanks for showing!

(Re-attached pic for ease of reference.)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by PaulW; 03-16-2019, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Paul W

Thank you I got very excited about this group showing up and lets say they were not cheap so a few escaped me as they went way beyond I wanted to pay.

Leather shorts to boot in the Kommando section!!!

My guess is many of these photos they were in a training period and this will show in the second set of photos that I'm posting as there will be an absence of cufftitles and cloth flak sleeve insignia but all wearing the white collar tabs.

Thanks again for your comments!

Bill

Originally posted by PaulW View Post
                    An exceptional set Bill.

Everything from the wearing of shorts (#1237) to washing socks (#1240) !

Also note the prolific wearing of the cloth Flak badge (as you might expect, they have at least 9 months as Flak men and are not 'raw recruits ' for this prestigious posting), but with white piped shoulderstraps (#1244) so perhaps pre April 1943 for those pictures (with red piped collar patches I expect, though not obvious to see).

Yet also the wearing of the M43 cap in a couple of instances, perhaps late 1943 onwards for those particular pictures? (##1242 - Der Spiess, & #1249)

Note the HG cuffband is almost universally worn (sometimes missing on HG soldiers), yet no sign of the FHQ cuffband despite them being part of the Fuhrer Headquarters 'entourage' you might have thought?

Great also to see the protective overalls, goggles etc - no expense spared for these boys it would seem.

Also, no sign of ankle boots, perhaps considered a little scruffy for their prestigious role, although the date of the pictures may also be a factor there.

Once again, thanks for showing these Bill, you must be very pleased to have acquired them.

Comment

HG Flak Sonderzug - 18
                      Attached Files

Comment

HG Flak Sonderzug - 19
                        Attached Files

Comment

HG Flak Sonderzug - 20
                          Attached Files

Comment

HG Flak Sonderzug - 21
                            Attached Files

Comment

HG Flak Sonderzug - 22
                              Attached Files

Comment

HG Flak Sonderzug - 23
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 35 users online. 0 members and 35 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X