Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gardelegan

Chris,
    Thanks for the answer. I knew it had to be that place. My father's most famous picture from this barn was the one where a man had used his hands to dig under the foundation and come up under the wall (he had managed to get one arm and his head out before he was shot from the outside. This photo appears in a 1946 post war book on WWII atrocities. Another shot shows where a group of prisoners used a dead man as a battering ram trying to breat through one of the steel doors. They managed to dent the door with the man's head before they all died. My dad never forgot the scene and was the first thing he told me about the war to impress upon me the uselessness of war and the sacrifice of our youth and the need to stop such things.
    He was not anti German however and did not mind my interest and the collection, although he couldn't understand why we all would pay these prices for this junk. He was impressed with my writing books on the subject though and thought everything should be recorded and history saved for the educational value.
    I really wish he had sent more home. I miss his stories about the time his unit spent in Berlin (his evac hospital was set up for the Potsdam Conference and his was one of the first US units into Berlin).
    Ron Weinand
    Weinand Militaria

Comment

Mike, without debate you don't have a functioning society. I hate to get on my soapbox, but the stifling of debate about important issues such as the nature of criminal behaviour during wartime is endemic right now, especially in your country. I don't want to start quoting Franklin, but you might force me to.

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
        Mike, without debate you don't have a functioning society. I hate to get on my soapbox, but the stifling of debate about important issues such as the nature of criminal behaviour during wartime is endemic right now, especially in your country. I don't want to start quoting Franklin, but you might force me to.
        For Pete's sake can we not have this, we are doing just fine. Lets get back to the pictures and history presented.

Comment

Thank you Chris for posting those images.
          I would like to contribute to this thread by posting a link to a thread in a spanish forum, which contains many holocaust pics.
          http://www.forosegundaguerra.com/viewtopic.php?t=3786

Comment

Originally posted by K98_man View Post
            I see now that some people had a problem with the post that I made. I did not want a response or anything like that. I just expressed my views (which I maybe should have kept to myself). In this situation I should just look and learn instead of commenting.

Sorry if I had any conclusions that offended anyone (I hope not) and sorry for "trolling" even though I did not mean too.
            When our guys went into the camps, they were horrified at the stuff they saw, many threw up, fainted, in some cases, men even killed themselves. The Americans were pissed off worse than anything and an SS man wouldve been a good target, alot of SS men who were massacred at Dachau and other camps deserved what they got, I actually think a shot to the head wouldve been too mild a punishment, after what our GIs saw, making sure SS men got fair trials wasnt high on the priority list. The average German soldier didn't deserve to be killed, which they usually werent after what Americans saw at Concentration camps, but from what I have heard from vets, if they saw any SS in the concentration camp, they would give them to the prisoners(a just punishment). The average Wehrmacht would just be paraded through the camp, alot of Wehrmacht men even got sick from what they saw.

BTW, trolling means disrupting a forum, incase you didnt know.

I had a good conversation with a US POW who was in a concentration camp for a little while when he was being transfered to a POW camp, he didnt say much about it, but said he didnt like it there.

Comment

Two of the female guards on pressphoto 4: one is Irma Grese and besides her is Herta Bothe, in Bergen-Belsen.

middle of the page

bottom right photo

Comment

Irma Grese is the one with the Frankenstein head right?

Comment

Josh, could you be more specific and try to narrow that down.
                  Richard V

Comment

The ugly one?

The one in the bottom right corner.

Comment

sorry for the late posting but here are the photos of Belsen Camp Guards on trial and some court photos that went to court with them too.

greg
                      Attached Files

Comment

and
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

here is a very rare Dutch camp star, this came on a string of 3 and was found by a book collector over sea's and was sold to two collectors, one Holocaust collector/dealer and one to one of our members who has a site. they were cut in parts, one for each collector and one for the book dealer to keep. but i was lucky to get the envelope that had all 3 in it, I am showing the back side of it so Fakers can't get the real details of these rare items, it is on silk too. can anyone tell me what this says please? I can read some but??

gregory koepp
                            Attached Files

Comment

envelope
                              Attached Files

Comment

also here is a nice camp workers flag patch too, this came from Bill Shea some time ago and can you tell me what you think it says please? I keep getting other readings on it?

thanks gregory koepp
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X