Holocaust Photos--Warning: Disturbing Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

Comment

This picture has me thrown off a bit. It looks like the camp was situated right next to an urban area. Would this be some sort of smaller forced labor camp near a munitions factory or something of that sort?
      Attached Files
      Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
      All the best,
      Chris

Comment

Attached Files
        All the best,
        Chris

Comment

Attached Files
          All the best,
          Chris

Comment

Attached Files
            All the best,
            Chris

Comment

Attached Files
              All the best,
              Chris

Comment

Attached Files
                All the best,
                Chris

Comment

Attached Files
                  All the best,
                  Chris

Comment

Attached Files
                    All the best,
                    Chris

Comment

Attached Files
                      All the best,
                      Chris

Comment

Here is a scan of the brown envelope that these photos came in. Obviously, I don't think that the envelope is original to the photos in the most literal sense because the date printed on it--12-Jan-1944--means that this envelope was used for some purpose before the Allies were even on the continent. My guess would be that the fellow who took these photos stored them in this envelope after developing them. In addition to the date, there is also what appears to be a serial number: 334-10-4619. Would there be any way to track down who this number belongs to, if indeed it is some sort of personal ID number?

Thanks,

Chris
                        Attached Files
                        All the best,
                        Chris

Comment

Gents,

I think that I have an ID for these. I kept looking at photo #11 and knowing that I recognized that view from someplace. Then it dawned on me that in my collection, I have a photo that is quite similar. I looked it up, and sure enough, these two photos depict the same scene from slightly different perspectives. I have copied them both onto one pic so that you can see the comparison. The photo at the bottom is the one I had that was identified as having been taken at Nordhausen. So, at this point, it looks as though this grouping may come from that Forced Labor facility.
                          Attached Files
                          All the best,
                          Chris

Comment

Very interesting photos. Thank you for posting...these photos show what alot of the men whos items we collect did.

Sort of brings it back to reality, and sometimes makes me wonder why we do collect these items, when they are linked to such horrible crimes.

Thank you again.

Comment

Look at pic 14, note the position of the two naked bodies in the foreground. Now look at pic 10. It is the same view, only a naked body has been moved to allow another body to be added, and the new body was not starving by any means. Could this be a guard, freshly executed? You can also see him in pic 15. He was a large man with dark hair and a black vest. (?)
                              Ammersee

Comment

Originally posted by Ammersee View Post
                                Look at pic 14, note the position of the two naked bodies in the foreground. Now look at pic 10. It is the same view, only a naked body has been moved to allow another body to be added, and the new body was not starving by any means. Could this be a guard, freshly executed? You can also see him in pic 15. He was a large man with dark hair and a black vest. (?)
                                Ammersee
                                Wow, great observation. Quite interesting.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X