Holocaust Photos--Warning: Disturbing Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ammersee View Post
    Look at pic 14, note the position of the two naked bodies in the foreground. Now look at pic 10. It is the same view, only a naked body has been moved to allow another body to be added, and the new body was not starving by any means. Could this be a guard, freshly executed? You can also see him in pic 15. He was a large man with dark hair and a black vest. (?)
    Ammersee
    That same guy in pic 10 is also in pic 15 but one appears to be a reverse of the negative as everything is opposite from one photo to the other.
    Richard V

Comment

Nordhausen

Hi,

The last pictures shown here, were definitely taken at the former Boelcke barracks in the city of Nordhausen. Those barracks were transformed into some sort of concentration camp at the end of the war. The camp was liberated on april 11, 1945. The US troops found 1200 corpses and dying people on the compound. Most of the death were caused by US bomber attacks a few days earlier...

Comment

holocaust

I have been collecting WW2 Axis helmets and other militaria for over 47 years and have seen a lot of these pics. from different camps some were Press and others were private I have talked to GIs who took the pics and were there when the camp was liberated.They told me stories about just taking the SS scum out and killing them out of hand ,one GI told me one guy in his company took a SS officer and gave him to the inmates in the camp so they could kill him but the inmates that were left in the camp were in such poor cond. health wise that they really did not have the strength to kill anybody so his friend did it for them.At first this went on for about 3 days and then the US commanders put a stop to it and you could go to jail if they caught you messing with the guards.It got so bad at one camp(killing guards)that they moved them to the rear and after awhile this became the norm to remove guards from the camps.I talked to a Russian Capt who told me that when they caught these guards they killed them all with no problem.I sold to a forum member here a photo album that was taken by a member of a Jewish revenge squad that tracked down and killed these guards after the war.I asked him(the person who gave me the photos) do you think they were all guilty the ones you killed and he said and I quote some said they were not guilty but we did not beleive Nazi lies so we killed them.He then showed me a photo of his brother who was young and had his hands cut off by the SS using a guillotine(that's what I said a GULLIOTINE) because he stole A POTATO to eat because he was hungary.This person who got his hands cut off lives in Russia today.What is even worse this type of thing still goes on today.Will we ever learn.

War is hell
        Dennis J

Comment

Originally posted by Koen Palinckx View Post
          Hi,

The last pictures shown here, were definitely taken at the former Boelcke barracks in the city of Nordhausen. Those barracks were transformed into some sort of concentration camp at the end of the war. The camp was liberated on april 11, 1945. The US troops found 1200 corpses and dying people on the compound. Most of the death were caused by US bomber attacks a few days earlier...
          Thank you for the confirmation, I'm glad I got it right. If I understand correctly, the prisoners shown in these photos would have been used as forced labor at Nordhausen in the underground construction of the V-1 and V-2 rockets, is that correct? I have been reading a bit on the V-weapons construction site and it truly was an engineering marvel, I will never understand how such technological and engineering genius can go hand in hand with the levels of brutality and cruelty shown in these photographs. I suppose that such an observation supports the argument that education is not necessarily the answer to the evil in the world.
          Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
          All the best,
          Chris

Comment

To those of you who contacted me asking about recommended books on the Holocaust, I have created a recommended reading list on the subject and posted it in the Book Review Forum. I listed a number of titles, their authors, and a note about the content of the book, all of which I have read and found to be very useful in studying the Holocaust. Here is a link to that thread for those who are interested:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=229385

I hope that this helps.

Best,

Chris
            Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
            All the best,
            Chris

Comment

To those of you who contacted me asking about recommended books on the Holocaust, I have created a recommended reading list on the subject and posted it in the Book Review Forum. I listed a number of titles, their authors, and a note about the content of the book; all of which I have read and found to be very useful in studying the Holocaust. Here is a link to that thread for those who are interested:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=229385

I hope that this helps.

Best,

Chris
              All the best,
              Chris

Comment

Originally posted by EKman View Post
                If I understand correctly, the prisoners shown in these photos would have been used as forced labor at Nordhausen in the underground construction of the V-1 and V-2 rockets, is that correct?
                I'm by far no expert but I believe that the construction site for V1 and -2 was called Dora Mittelbau. It was an external camp of Buchenwald and was placed around the city of Nordhausen.

Anyway, thanks for a great and also very depressing thread so far.
                Last edited by nachtundnebel; 07-05-2007, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X