• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hundestaffel View Post
        Title of the thread is post YOUR panzer, StuG Photos Not Post your lifted from EBAY panzer, StuG photos
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Erwin L; 03-03-2015, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Yours? No
          Attached Files

Comment

Yours? No
            Attached Files

Comment

Yours? No
              Attached Files

Comment

Yours? I have doubts
                Attached Files

Comment

Perhaps this one? I don't think so
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files
                    Last edited by Hundestaffel; 03-03-2015, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Hundestaffel; 03-03-2015, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin L View Post
                        Title of the thread is post YOUR panzer, StuG Photos Not Post your lifted from EBAY panzer, StuG photos
                        I agree, Its not fair to the buyers to post here scans of their new pics. I was really upset in the past when I saw that some of my pics including my research was posted on a certain asian wesite (of course without mentioning my name). By the way copying from ebay and other sources can cause legal problems as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike23 View Post
                          I agree, Its not fair to the buyers to post here scans of their new pics. I was really upset in the past when I saw that some of my pics including my research was posted on a certain asian wesite (of course without mentioning my name). By the way copying from ebay and other sources can cause legal problems as well.
                          I think I know the site you are referring to and the guy who owns that was a member here (also on Axis History) but was eventually suspended.

There are WAF users who download original content from WAF and then re-upload to other forums and other internet sites. I am not talking about 1 or maybe 2 unusual images but as a routine habit. I think in the long run this has the effect that interesting photo material not being put online to begin with.

In relation to ebay images - I have even seen a book where the author sourced many of his images from trawling ebay pictures for sale section (crediting those images : 'Source - Ebay')! The legality of that is extremely questionable in my view. One day someone will do it to the wrong person and the book will be pulped.

In the images above (flagged by Erwin) I presumed Hundey was the original ebay seller but apparently not. I am not a fan of downloading someone elses images - taking the step of UN-copyrighting them and then re-uploading here.

Comment

I know the same Asian website, and also a Russian one that does the same thing. A lot of my photos and other WAF members' pics ended up on both. I do admit that the Asian one (if same site), does give credit to sources in small letters below, but still urks me a bit as I spent my money on the photo....and think I should get to determine where and when I choose to share it. Guess the law thinks otherwise

Comment

Did a thread search and don't think Ive posted these:

Here is the same Panzer IV Ausf B. of Panzer Rgt. 33.
                              It hit a French Anti-tank mine while elements of the Div were attacking toward the villages of Dury & Cagny from the west side of the Somme River Bridgehead on June 5, 1940 towards objective: Amiens. Killed all 5 crew members, as you can see. I have yet to find out their names, but there are other known shots of this tank in "Die 9. Panzer Div" book, and elsewhere, but these are mine and unpublished. The 9th Panzer Div. took a beating from well placed machine guns, 105 Howitzers, anti-tank guns in the villages of Dury & Cagny, and were forced to retreat. The following day they were finally able to break through, but only after five attempts and heavy losses.

On the 2nd pic, it looks like they are about to tow it out of the way. Sad to see the graves of the whole crew though.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X