No announcement yet.

Post your German panzer, STuG photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i received this week a nice bag of negatives. The collection comes from a Vienna born austrian soldier who served for a short term in france and then direct onto the Russian front 41.
    He was attached to a PAK unit that was supplied with almost exclusivly french halftracks and panzers with german markings.
    Here are a few nice negatives first out of the bag.
    Ian :-)

Comment

Hi Mike......

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
      Here is one of my favorites. I sure would like to know the location of this photo. I feel the building in the background is unique enough to be able to find out.

Mike
      To see the answer to your above question, asked in post #31 of this thread, follow the link:
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=442299

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
        i received this week a nice bag of negatives. The collection comes from a Vienna born austrian soldier who served for a short term in france and then direct onto the Russian front 41.
        He was attached to a PAK unit that was supplied with almost exclusivly french halftracks and panzers with german markings.
        Here are a few nice negatives first out of the bag.
        Some nice pics there, Ian. The last one – the Knight's Cross winner – looks like Richard Gambietz, one of the the remarkable threesome who feature in the Rudi Brasche chapter of Kurowski's "Infanterie Aces". If you haven't heard of them – Brasche, Gambietz and Grunge – they have quite a story. Three men from one platoon, close friends, each of them going on to win the Knight's Cross.

Jason

Comment

Pic from the Album of my grandfather
          Sturmgeschütz Batterie 667 - Russland
          Attached Files

Comment

my favourite one
            Attached Files

Comment

2 more
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
                Some nice pics there, Ian. The last one – the Knight's Cross winner – looks like Richard Gambietz, one of the the remarkable threesome who feature in the Rudi Brasche chapter of Kurowski's "Infanterie Aces". If you haven't heard of them – Brasche, Gambietz and Grunge – they have quite a story. Three men from one platoon, close friends, each of them going on to win the Knight's Cross.

Jason

Thanks a million Jason !. im going to have a little read about him now :-)

Merry Christmas !!

Comment

PzKpfw IV vs. KV-2, july 1941, Belarus

Comment

Track links for extra protection.

Cheers,
                    Larry
                    Attached Files

Comment

StuG III Ausf.B, Stug.Abt.243, Western Ukraine, 10 july 1941

Comment

PzKpfw III Ausf.A and crew member

Comment

PzKpfw IV Ausf. H ?

greeting
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Radcollector View Post
                            very nice photos guys!heres my contribution,a knocked out stug from a U.S soldiers album that served in N.Africa and Italy.
                            I think this is really a Panzer IV? The damage has caused the Turret to fall into the upper hull.

Comment

Originally posted by STUPA216 View Post
                              Panzer III's?

Kurt
                              Panzer IV on the left and Panzer III on the right.

Comment

Yuri, one of the best Ausf.A closeup I've ever seen! Outstanding.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X