Post your German panzer, STuG photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
    Here's a panzer apparently trying to go through a mud pit. What type of panzer is it? Is it a Pzkpfw Mk. III or an early Mk. IV?

Your screen name is "StuGIII" and you've been buying and posting images of Panzers here for years, so I would imagine that by now at the very least you'd be able to distinguish a Panzer/StuG.III from a Panzer/StuG.IV I mean, the two are very different and I can't imagine how you wouldn't be able to ID the vehicle from this shot. All you have to do in this case is count the number of road wheels; 6 means it's a Panzer III, 8 and it's a Panzer IV...not to mention the two use completely different road wheels, drive sprockets, idler wheels, return rollers.

Rob

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
      Your screen name is "StuGIII" and you've been buying and posting images of Panzers here for years, so I would imagine that by now at the very least you'd be able to distinguish a Panzer/StuG.III from a Panzer/StuG.IV I mean, the two are very different and I can't imagine how you wouldn't be able to ID the vehicle from this shot. All you have to do in this case is count the number of road wheels; 6 means it's a Panzer III, 8 and it's a Panzer IV...not to mention the two use completely different road wheels, drive sprockets, idler wheels, return rollers.

Rob
      Hi Rob,

While I thank you for answering my question, I don't really care for the tone of it. I feel it was rather insulting.

Comment

John, I believe the first 2 photos are from the 6 Panzer Division if i remember correctly. I was going to purchase these, and I can slightly remember determining they were 6 Pz Div from the other related photo that the seller had w/ a Panzer parked in the same garage with Divisional symbol in veiw. Upside down Y with two dots. I will try to find the related photo that was being sold with these 2, but the auction has ended already

Comment

6th Pz. Div.

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
          John, I believe the first 2 photos are from the 6 Panzer Division if i remember correctly. I was going to purchase these, and I can slightly remember determining they were 6 Pz Div from the other related photo that the seller had w/ a Panzer parked in the same garage with Divisional symbol in veiw. Upside down Y with two dots. I will try to find the related photo that was being sold with these 2, but the auction has ended already
          Hi Bill,

Thanks for the information. There's no date on the photos I have. I assume they're early war or maybe just pre war.

Comment

early panzer

Here's an early panzer.
            Attached Files

Comment

I knew a vet of Stug Abt 276 and copied these pics from his albums.

He is on the far left in front of his 10.5cm Stug III, nicknamed "Poldi."

He told me he didn't have a very high opinion of the driver, far right.

Dated 1943 when he was an officer candidate.

The second photo of another stug is taken on a railway flatcar. The name "Brummer" was a play on the engine noise.

Mike
              Attached Files

Comment

GREAT photos, Mike!!! Interesting camo pattern on that StuG.III in the second photo.

Rob

Comment

Love the "Brummer" StuG III !! Like Rob said, the camo is fantastic! Even better is that you got to spend time with the vet. Thanks for posting these

Comment

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
                    Love the "Brummer" StuG III !! Like Rob said, the camo is fantastic! Even better is that you got to spend time with the vet. Thanks for posting these
                    I agree also! and I wonder if this StuG has ever been in print in other photos due to the eye catching camo?
                    Thanks for posting these photos Mike! Did he elaborate on why his opinion of the driver was low?
                    Thanks again for showing these!

Kevin

Comment

Gentlemen,

Glad you enjoyed the photos. Brummer's camo looks like a hasty, field-applied job.

Kevin, I can't be precise about the driver but the comment led me to believe he may have been a smart-aleck or not a team man.

The vet passed away with Parkinson's Disease in 2006 and I lost track of his three magnificent albums containing photos from childhood, DJ and HJ membership then wehrmacht.

Mike

Comment

Here's another one I dug up. I believe this is a replacement for "Poldi" on the previous page. It has just been ferried across the Desna River in Russia.

My friend stated that this machine had to be rewired at a field workshop as the electrics were found to be faulty upon delivery. Deliberate sabotage was suspected...I suppose by foreign workers if the story is true.

With hindsight, I should have carefully recorded the invaluable recollections.

Too late now !!!

Mike

Comment

Sorry...forgot the photo.
                          Attached Files

Comment

figured this thread hasnt been up in a while.....

a man from Sturmgeschutz Abteilung 303. Crimea Shield in wear
                            Attached Files

Comment

9th Panzer Division in Breda, Holland
                              Attached Files

Comment

a nice Camo pattern on this Panzer IV ausf H
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X