X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Hey Bill,

Congrats on reaching 600+ pages of postings, thats quite an achievement. Thanks for the plug on the book, your contributions were greatly appreciated. Of course Jim Haley a good friend of Bill and I also contributed a lot of pics which he didn't want creditted to him. For all the complaints we hear about the hobby, its nice to know that the vast majority of collectors are generous to a fault. Not one collector or dealer for that matter, turned down our requests for assistance on the book. In fact everyone bent over backwards to try to help. Jim

[quote=W Petz;4180604]Kevin,

Thanks for mentioning my good friend Jim Pool's book on Rations of the Wehrmacht, Jim did use allot of my photos dispicting soldiers with various rations and uses of materials on hand. An excellent book and highly recommended. There will be some Fallschirmjaeger books coming out soon with many of my FJ Portraits that have not been published before nor posted in my FJ thread.

Comment

Comment

Nordi,

Thanks again for posting more of your photo collection....I especially like #9013 of the Fallschirmjaeger. Fallschirmtruppe is of special interest to me.

Aug10 - Portrait#106
          Attached Files

Comment

Aug10 - Portrait#107
            Attached Files

Comment

Aug10 - Portrait#108
              Attached Files

Comment

Aug10 - Portrait#109
                Attached Files

Comment

Aug10 - Portrait#110
                  Attached Files

Comment

Jim,

Thank you for your kind comment. I believe that this is the largest and one of the most popular threads on WAF....what makes it so interesting is the images of the soldiers and the many varieties of uniforms and accounterments they are wearing. I must give credit to many others who have contributed to the thread as well...most noteworthy is our friend Marco from Monte Cassino.

Bill

Aug10 - Portrait#111

[quote=djpool;4184623]Hey Bill,

Congrats on reaching 600+ pages of postings, thats quite an achievement. Thanks for the plug on the book, your contributions were greatly appreciated. Of course Jim Haley a good friend of Bill and I also contributed a lot of pics which he didn't want creditted to him. For all the complaints we hear about the hobby, its nice to know that the vast majority of collectors are generous to a fault. Not one collector or dealer for that matter, turned down our requests for assistance on the book. In fact everyone bent over backwards to try to help. Jim

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                    Kevin,

Thanks for mentioning my good friend Jim Pool's book on Rations of the Wehrmacht, Jim did use allot of my photos dispicting soldiers with various rations and uses of materials on hand. An excellent book and highly recommended. There will be some Fallschirmjaeger books coming out soon with many of my FJ Portraits that have not been published before nor posted in my FJ thread.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Aug10 - Portrait#112
                      Attached Files

Comment

Aug10 - Portrait#113
                        Attached Files

Comment

Aug10 - Portrait#114
                          Attached Files

Comment

Aug10 - Portrait#115
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill,

Then you might also like this, paratroopers with badges in cloth and army eagle on his cap.

best regards Nordi,

Last edited by Nordi; 08-26-2010, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Gret photo Nordi! Heer cap eagle and a cloth FJ badge! Love it!
                                Makes You wonder if he just picked up a prop cap in the studio?
                                Kev

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X